Chapter 40

Previously on Chapter 39

I close my eyes tightly, as I start to cry. Is it really the only way? Do I have to lose Tsukasa this way? What if the plan failed and Senku can't bring him back... it would mean, I will lose him forever. I can't... I don't want to lose Tsukasa. I've grown to love him with all of my heart.

-It's Not Forever-

Y/N P.O.V

I stay with in the cave with Tsukasa. I keep holding his hand as I keep my head down. I don't want to look at him, knowing that I might break down right then and there.

"Y/N..." he said, in a soft voice. I didn't move and keep my head lowered, with my bangs covering my eyes. I feel a hand on my cheek. Tsukasa gently turn my head to look at him.

"It's okay..." he said. I just shake my head at what he said. "It's not okay, Tsukasa... I don't want to lose you. I can't..." I said, tears slowly streams down my cheeks.

He caress my cheek softly. "It's not forever. One way or another, Senku will bring me back" he said. I just lean down and place my head on his chest. He gently run his hand through my hair softly.

The curtain moves aside as Senku walks inside. I can see Chrome and the others as well. I turn my head to look them. They each have a sad smile on their faces as they know what's about to happen. I turn my head away from them, burying my face into Tsukasa's neck. He tighten his arms around me, trying his best to give me comfort.

"It's done, Y/N... we have to move him" Senku said. I just nod my head. I move my head from Tsukasa's chest with a heavy heart. The others place Tsukasa on a stretcher. They pick him up and start making their way out of the cave.

***

We are now inside a cave under a waterfall. I notice a huge box and a few machine. My eyes saddened as I know what these are for. It's the freezer that will be used to store Tsukasa's body, where he'll enter the cold sleep state.

I sit down next to Tsukasa as Senku make sure the freezer is working properly. Tsukasa gently caress the back of my hand, as neither of us says anything. I just keep my head down. The feeling of dread of what's about to happen fills my chest.

The freezer finally done. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa, noticing how weak and tired he look. I bit my lips, as an attempt to stop myself from crying. I hear Senku starting to speak to Tsukasa, but I can't hear a thing he said because my mind is jumbling up with a lot of thoughts. Along with my heart that are filled with a lot of emotions.

"Y/N..." Tsukasa said, placing a hand on my cheek which snaps me out of my thought. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles softly at me. He gently caress my cheek.

"I love you... please remember that" he said. I just nod my head at what he said. "I know... I love you too, Tsukasa. Always..." I said. He smiles and gently place a hand on the back of my neck. He gently pull me down, to place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back. I feel my tears falling from my eyes, landing on his cheeks.

We pull away after a while. Tsukasa turn to look at Senku, who turned his head away when the two of us shared a kiss. "Senku" he said, gaining his attention. Senku turn to look at him, letting him know that he have his attention.

He gesture Senku to come closer to us. He kneels down on Tsukasa's other side. "If things get too painful for Y/N... if it gets too hard for her to wait for me. Please take care of her for me. After all, you were once a man she loved..." he said. My eyes widened at what he said.

"What are you saying, Tsukasa?" I said. He turns to look at me. He lift his hand, placing it on my cheek. "If it gets too hard... don't wait for me. I will be the one to fight for your love again..." he said. I shake my head at what he said.

"No... I'll wait. I'll wait for you. No matter how long it will take. I'll wait until you come back and be able to hold me again..." I said. He just smiles at what I said.

"Please take care of Mirai for me, okay?" He said. I nod my head at what he said. "Of course... she's like my own little sister..." I said. He nods his head at what I said.

"Can you sing, Y/N?" He asked. I blink my eyes at what he said. I just nod my head. He smiles softly at me. I hold his hand as I close my eyes, starting to sing softly.

Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I open my eyes once the song ends. I turn my head to see Tsukasa's eyes close. I choke out a sob and leans down, placing my head on his chest. I bit my lips as I cry softly.

They place Tsukasa's body inside the freezer. I lean down and place a soft kiss on his forehead. "I'll wait for you... no matter how long it'll take. I love you so much, Tsukasa..." I said. Mirai walks over and place a seashells necklace in his hand. The lid is close. I watch in sadness as Mirai starts to cry.

"You've protected me, Nii-Chan. For years and years. This time I will protect you. I will watch over you everyday. I'll make sure nothing breaks..." she said. I look down as I start to cry once again.

I feel a hand on my back. I turn my head to see it's Senku. I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face in the crook of his neck. He gently runs his hand through my hair as I cry softly.

"I will bring Tsukasa back, Y/N. I promise..." he said in a soft voice. I wipe my tears and pull away from him. I smile softly at him, letting him know that I trust him.

I turn around and kneel down next to Mirai. I gently place my hand on her head. She turns to face me and wraps her arms around me. She starts to cry as she buries her face into my chest. I pull her closer, gently caressing her hair as an attempt to calm her down. I turn to look at the freezer.

One way or another, Senku will bring me back... I will come back. I love you, Y/N... please remember that his voice echoed in my head. I smile sadly as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

I will wait for you, Tsukasa...

*to be continued*