Chapter 35

Previously on Chapter 34

"Yeah... that's plenty..." he whispered, tightening his arms around me. He buries his face in the crook of my neck as I wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his hopeful emotion. I really hope it's going to work and we can save Mirai.

-Tearful Reunion-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku, Tsukasa and I make our way inside the cave. Senku will be the one to make the revival fluid. I just stand next to Tsukasa, with him holding my hand. I can see Senku glancing at our entwined hand. But I didn't say anything, to avoid making things awkward for the three of us.

Senku finally finishes making the revival fluid. He pours it inside a glass flask. He turns his head to look at Tsukasa, who gives him a curt nod. We turn around and make our way outside the cave.

Tsukasa slowly leads me towards Ukyo, who just got his injury bandaged up. He turns to look at the two of us. Tsukasa offers a hand that isn't holding mine. Ukyo grabs his hand, letting Tsukasa pulls him up to his feet.

***

We walk through the stone path. I walk in silence, next to Tsukasa. My hand is held by him, as we walk. I hear Nikki makes a comment about Tsukasa having a little sister.

"Why do you decided to do such horrible thing?" I hear Ukyo asked, who's walking behind us. Tsukasa is silent for a few seconds, and turn my head to look at him. He give my hand a light squeeze.

"Horrible..." he started. I can hear the sadness in his voice. Over the time of knowing Tsukasa, I notice his true feelings. He was troubled to destroy the statues. But he push himself forward and do his actions.

"That may be... but can you guarantee that we'd have an unlimited amount of revival fluid? It is necessary to select the ones to live. Playing God is a hard and sinful thing to do. So I decided to take that burden. What about you, Ukyo? If you woke up alone in the stone world, and you learned of the existence of the revival fluid. Who would you choose?" He said. I turn my head slightly to look at Ukyo, who just stays silent. He looks down, without saying anything back. I turn to look forward and keeps walking.

We eventually come to a stop after a while. "This is where the hospital was" Tsukasa said. I look around the place, only seeing trees and empty lands. There was no sign of statues, letting me know they might be buried deep under the ground.

"We'll just mine them using dynamite" Senku said. I turn to look at him in disbelief. "You've got to be kidding me. You'll just ended up destroying the statues" I said. He turns to look at me and chuckles.

"If we do ended up destroying the statues, oh well, we'll just piece them back together!" He said. I just shake my head, sweat-dropping at his comment. I turn my head and notice Yuzuriha looking pale. She fist Senku's shoulder.

"And who will do the hellish work, Senku-Kun? Please!" She said. I give her a pity smile. I let out a sigh. There's no other option. Trying to dig them up manually would take a lot of time.

We move away to safety as they start to use a few of the dynamite sticks. I wince at the sound, covering my ears as an attempt to lower down the noise. But I can still hear it loud and clear. I wonder how Ukyo would feel with his insanely good hearing.

I stand next to Tsukasa and dig the ground near him. We might have created some deep dents with all the dynamites we've used. But we have no idea where Mirai is. So, this is going to take a while.

Time-skip

I hear Tsukasa letting out a soft gasp. I turn my head to look at him as he dig the ground with his hands. I walk towards him and helps him. My eyes widened a little when a familiar face shows up.