Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

"Don't worry... people in Mesopotamian civilization were doing it with in 1000 B. C using clay pots. There's nothing you can't do if you try... this is exhilarati-" his voice gets cut off when the clay pot shatters, splattering the wine all over him. I knew things would never go smoothly on the first try. We just have to keep on trying. I have faith that we will get there, one way or another.

-Revival Fluid-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku is currently making another distilling pot. I kneel down next to him as I help him shape the pot. I suggest that we need to make it thicker, so it can withstand the heat better. He agrees and that's how we're going to make it.

Taiju walks over to us, holding two sticks of skewers. I take it from him and feed Senku his portion, while feeding myself as well. Senku just eat it, not saying a thing. He's too focus on working on the clay.

As time passes by, we reached the winter season. I notice Taiju have grown some beard. He asked us how he can get it of it, in which Senku suggested to use a clam. He gives him a little demonstration.

Taiju rapidly starts pulling the hairs out of his face, resulting in a swollen face. The sight makes Senku burst out laughing. I just cover my mouth, trying not to laugh at Taiju and turn to Senku who's sitting on the ground still laughing.

"Senku

"Senku..." I said, staring at him in surprise. Senku usually calm and collected. So to see him laughing so hard... is quite amusing to watch. But I still kind of feel bad for Taiju.

"Are you okay, Taiju?" I asked, worriedly. He turn to look at me. "I'm okay..." he said. His voice sounded a little muffled, because of the swelling. I let out a sigh and shake my head. I'll take that as a no. Taiju's not okay, he's just toughening it up.

"Come on... let's head back to the treehouse. I will make some paste for you..." I said. Taiju nods his head. I grab Senku's arm, pulling him from the ground. I turn around and start walking, dragging Senku who's still laughing. I just shake my head and keeps walking. Taiju follows without saying a thing.

***

It took us quite a while. Senku's getting restless. But he keeps trying to find the best solution for the fluid. His determination is quite admirable. That's one of the reasons why I have fallen for him, despite his cold nature.

Senku kicks a clay pot away. He looks frustrated. I let out a sigh and take a seat on the ground, when I hear something breaking. I turn my head to see the stone breaking and the feather is de-petrified. I just stare at it in shock, eyes wide open. We finally did it!

Senku grabs the mixture that works. He grabs one of the petrified swallows bird. "Let me show you, big oaf. It's not like there are things that science can't explain. You look for the rules behind those things. Science is just a steady name for a pain in the ass process of achieving it..." Senku said, pouting the fluid onto the swallows. I watch in awe as the bird broke free from the petrification. Taiju let out a loud sound of amazement.

"It works... it actually works!" I said, cheering. Senku let out a chuckle as he take a seat. "It's been a year since I first start experimenting. It didn't take as long as I had anticipated. I'm going to beat fantasy with science... this is exhilarating" he said, using his usual catchphrase.

"So, Senku... Y/N-Chan. Who are we going to revive first?" Taiju asked. I turn to look at Senku, silently urging him to answer. "We're going to revive every single human eventually..." he said. I hum and nod my head.

"Although it would suck if we just happen to revive a murderer..." I said. Senku nods his head, agreeing with me. "Yeah, that would mean instant game over for us. Anyway, I don't feel like choosing. So Taiju, it's your choice" Senku said, pointing at Taiju as he said the last sentence.

"Who will you choose, Taiju?" I asked, smiling softly at him. He grins at me. "Thank you, Senku... Y/N. My choice is obvious..." he said, making me smile. Of course, he's going to choose her... Yuzuriha.

***

I carry the baby leopard in my arms as we make our way towards where Taiju have found Yuzuriha. She is still stuck in the same camphor tree where Taiju was about to confess his feelings for her.

"Will that fluid actually work on her?" I asked. Senku starts to smirk. "It will... I tested it on piece of statue and it turns right back into corpse" he said. I paled at what he said. Taiju scolds him for being disrespectful for the dead.

He eventually turn to look at Yuzuriha, pulling the vines away from her body. Senku's about to pour the revival fluid on Yuzuriha's body, when Taiju seem to realize something. He turns to look at Senku with his eyes wide.

"Wait, Senku! Yuzuriha-Chan's naked!!" He yelled out, while poking Senku's eyes. Senku of out a pain cried. I wince at the sight, as Senku places his hands on his eyes to try and ease the pain.

"Here we go again with your idiotic comment. We're in the stone world. No one will care if your butt is showing or if your dick is dangling..." he said. Taiju points a finger at him. "Yuzuriha-Chan don't have a dick!" He said.

"That's not what I meant!! I mean... couldn't we just revive her and figure things out later?" He said. I shake my head. "I agree on Taiju on this one. The day I woke up naked in the stone world makes me feel so worried and panicky..." I said. Senku let out a sigh as Taiju picks up Yuzuriha's body.

"Let's just take her to the camp, put on some clothes for her first" he said. I nod my head in agreement. "How heavy is that statue anyway?" He asked. Taiju turns to him with an angry face.

"Yuzuriha-Chan is not fat!" He said. Senku let out a sigh at his reaction. "Again... that's not what I'm trying to say. I'm just saying... it would make a lot more sense to revive her and have her walk. We could save a-" he said. He stops mid-sentence when we hear a loud roar.

"Wait, Taiju!" Senku said. I just stare at the bushes, worried and scared. Suddenly, a lion appears. I just froze as I stare at the lion, as it stares menacingly at us. Seriously, at time like this... we just have to come face to face with a ferocious lion?? You've got to be kidding me.

*to be continued*