9. Rogue prince

Aelana woke up feeling different. like her bones were liquid. rolling in her bed she press her face in the pillows and sighed.

sitting up on her bed she saw the sun shining high in the air. she was late. she never wake up late, surprising.

standing up dressed in the white veiled gown, she walked to the windows and took a breathe of air.

It smelled like shit and Aelana smiled. It smelled like home too. But then she felt it, the vibrations which were being carried by air and surround her body engulfing it.

she felt it all, his excitement, his happiness, his confusion, his anger, his sadness. it all came in waves and struck her soul.

Caraxes.

she could feel him, she could feel his excitement of seeing Aelana and eating the buttered meat, his happiness to be by Syrax's side, his confusion when he didnt get to see either of his women, his anger on his rider, his sadness heavy on his wings when he flew back.

he was here.

and if Caraxes was here that would mean his rider was here too. Daemon.

Aelana has only seen nineteen summers and that was why she could only feel emotions of certain animals around her, like all dragons because they were huge and easy. they were fire. fire only burns, its not complicated just dangerous.

but she could only feel like if they were around her to certain distance, maybe under radius of 1000 meters?

she had stop feeling Caraxes presence or emotions since he flew to Dragonstone. but now she could feel it. it was dark and heavy and bold. it was obvious, like black hair color of House Strong and ego of House Lannister.

Aelana couldn't think a reason for why Daemon would come to kings landing and left without letting anyone notice.

why?

Aelana immediately put on her dress from other day. she knew that what the ladies of court would say, High Lady Aelana Targaryen wearing the same dress twice in a row but she didnt care.

she had more pressing matters on hand. rushing a hand in her hands to let out a knot or two and straighten her clothes, she stepped out of her room.

she startled the maid who was at the door about to knock, wit a tray in her hand. "High Lady" the maid immediately bow down and Aelana said "where is Rhaenyra?"

At the lack of title and such a formal tone the maid hesitantly look at the guard who didnt even glanced at her. before Aelana could ask again the maid whispered "In Small Council Meeting"

Aelana gave the maid a small nod of thanks and picking up her dress she ran toward the small council room, some ladies in the court give her widened glances but no one dared stop her.

once she reached the door, without waiting for another second Aelana slammed opened the door and walked inside. she found Princess Rhaenyra standing at the side filling her vessel with wine and looking at Aelana with a smirk and raised brow in question.

All the members also turn around to look at her and raised their brows in question. To make her authority known she look at King Viserys while avoiding everyone eyes and smiled "Brother. Good Morrow. I will be on the side having a word with Princess"

Viserys smiled at her sister and took a sip from his gauntlet, she was about to walk to Rhaenyra when Master of coin said "High Lady Aelana what is so important that cant wait until the end of the meeting"

and the master of law added "No offense but we are about to have a important discussion so you might want to wait till this meeting is done"

Aelana smiled and look at the masters, she was smiling but her eyes empty and both the men flinched at the look they were getting.