42. Little pockets of happiness

He knew he was late. Daemon didnt wanted to be late. Not today. Not again. Not ever. For the wrath of his wife was something he fear more than he fear the fire breathing dragon. Because for once loyal dragons show mercy but Aelana Targaryen never did.

With rushed steps, Daemon pulled onto the collar of his shirt, fixing it, even though it looked rather perfect.

He was dressed into his good and clean clothes. His hair combed and instead of his sword only a small dagger in his shoe.

It has been 4 years since Daemon marriage to Aelana Targaryen. And today was Aelana birthday. In the morning he acted like he had not remember, only because he was planning something big for the night.

But Aelana didnt knew that. She had gotten a bit upset. Not that she told that to anyone, instead she went to ride on cannibal. She has been away for hours and hasnt cone back and that was all part of the plan.

Daemon and the servants needed time to decorate the dining room. But now night was here, the sun was setting, Aelana was about to come home and preparations wasnt done.

He wished rhaenyra was here. She always helped him but she was alway with Aeryn and her sons to pentos for some diplomatic vacation. Her words.

Daemon was nervous and he didnt wanted the repeat of what happen at their last wedding anniversary which he really did forget. Daemon had to sleep outside the bedroom chamber, hating when his children smirked at him while passing by.

Those gremlins remember and even bought gifts for their mother but didnt told him. It was super embaraasing when the servants pass by and saw him sleeping outside the door.

But that was not even the worst part, the worst part was him getting leftovers everyday for a week straight. Oh Daemon had never seen such dark days and he never wish to again.

Today he walked toward the dining room and just hoped that as per instruction all of his children had gathered in the room.

Fixing his shirt one last time, Daemon slammed open the door to the dining room and his mouth wide opened. The dining room has a table setup with 9 chairs on it.

It was beautifully done. And the room looked beautiful, filled with Aelana favourite colors and flowers. From the table to the chairs were covered in. Ines on flower on them. The ceiling and the walls too. Even some of them were hanging down and some of them were on the floor.

But Daemon mouth went dry when his eyes met the eye of two servants who stood there alone, with no presence of his children in the room.

Looking around the room he raised his eye at the servants "Am i the first one here or did every one left already"

The maid always giggled seeing the great rogue prince so unnerved but they shook their head at him "No one arrive yet, my Prince"

Daemon looked at them stupidly, he really was going to die today at the hands of his wife. Before he could say anything, the door to the dining room opened and he turned his head to see Aenya Targaryen entered the room.

She was still dressed in her fighting clothes only her breast plate, her sword and her protective gear of her knee, elbow and shoulder pad was missing.

Without acknowledging his presence she walked toward the table and sat down im the chair. Picking up a tart and munching on it slowly.

Daemon raised his brow at her "Umm Hello?"

"Yes father" Aenya replied rather boredly. "Where are your siblings? The rest?"

His body shook with uncontrolled emotions when she shrugged without even looking at him "Dont know father". Daemon love his daughter but god he hated teenager.