32. 30 letters

Its been a month, a month since laena died, a month since laenor died, a month since Rhaenyra married Aeryn, a month since aemond lost his eye, a month since aelana told tiwn the truth about their biological father, a month since the chaos of driftmark.

So much happen in one night that it was despicable and unavoidable. Viserra and baelyx had never questioned it before. But the night Aemond call them bastards, the seem to realize the truth, the real and ugly truth.

Fortunately they don't hate aelana and rowan for hiding it, but they were still cautious of daemon. They haven't met him formally as their father and aelana dread the moment they would. She knew rowan was also worried, not that he show it.

Aelana along with her children and husband flew back to kings landing. The people of kings landing were shocked when they saw prince aemond return on Vhagar. But she could heard their screams when she flew over the streets of kings landing, perched on top of cannibal, followed by viserra on valae and baelyx on varos.

As expected cannibal was huge with a fat ass and large wingspan to fit inside dragon pit, also dragon pit house many young dragons. Viserra dragon Valae, Baelyx dragon Varos, Aegon dragon sunfyre. and even dreamfyre unhatched eggs.

Because of cannibal reputation of feasting upon young dragon and eggs, many keepers frowned upon keeping him in their for they could never control a wold dragon. Aelana didnt mind it, not like he could fit in their in first place.

Cannibal had decided to make a home on the hill, a bit away from the red keep. and calling him was no trouble for he and aelana were mind linked.

Aelana was nothing but a empty shell the past month, everyone had noticed it, even her brother viserys who looked as if he decomposing right on the bed, noticed. She never smiled anymore, never.

Her eyes didnt carry rage or anger. just pain and tiredness. She walked the halls painfully silent and spend most of her time in the library or with her children. Since Rhaenyra had decided to take refuge in Dragonstone along with jacaerys and lucerys and Joffrey. she felt bare and missing. She had share room with princess from age 4 and were never separated, even in pain.

But now rhaenyra was gone and aelana wasn't the same. She also miss laenor, terribly. She remember when she found out he was dead, how she cried in daemon's arm, until her throat was raw and bleeding.

And how daemon couldn't take it anymore and told her the truth, that laenor was alive and doing it for rhaenyra, she remember how hard she had punched laenor face when she saw him, standing by the coast, bald of his white hair.

But before he could do say anything or apologize to her, aelana had hugged him tightly, telling him that he deserve to live his life on his own accords, far away from all hate. She knew she cant be selfish, so she let laenor go, she let her bestfriend go, far far away from her. And every morning his absence haunt her.

By nightfall Aelana would fly for driftmark, it been a month since laena and laenor death and princes rhaenys was having a small ceremony for them.

They would gather around their grave and pray for their souls in afterlife and feast together in their name. It was a small way to honor the dead. Aelana didnt expected an invitation from princess rhaenys but she got a letter just this morning.

Letter not from Princess rhaenys Targaryen to High lady Aelana, but a letter from a cousin to another cousin, asking for her presence in this hard time and aelana wasn't one to deny the request. She immediately wrote back that she would certainly come with her family.

She felt guilty knowing that rhaenys mourn her both children, and wanted to be her side.  Only Aelana, her children and rowan were going, viserys was sick and so he couldn't make the journey. Valeri was readying the clothes for the young Targaryens.