20. Driftmark

Aelana woke up to the sound of dragon wings flapping and cold air nipping at her body. she groggily opened her eyes and rubbed at them.

Kings landing was always hot and sticky but the salt present in the Driftmark air left her skin feeling scratchy. Opening her eyes, Aelana sat up and smiled when she felt seasmoke excitement clashing onto her body.

In kings landing Rhaenyra very rarely flew syrax and always very at high altitude, seeing how kings landing has thousands of people surrounding red keep. but here in Driftmark, after a little while there was nothing but sea and open sky.

And Laenor loved to ride with Seasmoke, his dragon every morning before breakfast. Sadly laena egg didnt hatched but she had claimed Vhagar, largest and fiercest dragon, but she was too old to be taken out morning strolls.

Aelana had arrived to Driftmark almost a month ago and overstayed. she was planning to go back to kings landing last week, laenor had offered her to flew her their on his dragon and rid her of the tired some journey. her stuff would get sailed their and reach some hours after her arrival.

she even send the raven to announce her return to her brother, but was shocked when she received the raven back next day. Asking her to stay for few more days, seeing Viserys himself along with Rhaenyra will be making journey to Driftmark.

It confused her and Lord Corlys and Princess rhaenys asked if she knew of it but from seeing the confused look on her face, they came to a conclusion that she was also unaware of it all.

but deep down they all knew and Aelana dread it. she knew the king of seven realm would come to Driftmark for one reason. to ask hand in marriage of their Driftmark heir. and also to strength the bond between two houses of Old Valyria and to keep the blood lines pure.

Aelana got up from her bed and washed her body and her hairs, she didnt had enough time to dry them so she let them down her back. they had grown all the way down to her butt and looked fuller.

Aelana had run out of clothes and last night she was given a dress given by princess rhaenys to wear welcome King viserys. The dress was of sky blue color, the color of house Driftmark but it had sigil of house Targaryen, the three headed dragon embroidered on it, at the back.

It was very formal and flowy, air entering the dress and touching all parts of Aelana body. It was her first time wearing a dress from house Targaryen and she loved it.

She loved Princess Rhaenys and wont mind wearing her house color, after all she was a guest in her house and was treated with love and respect. and after living in kings landing surrounded by royals, Aelana knew who to give respect and when.

She put on a dress and patting her sides, without wasting another second Aelana rushed to the dinning room. It surprised her so much when she found out that everyday princess Rhaenys, lord Corlys, laena and laenor would at least have one meal together, every single day.

Rather it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. the lord and princess knew and respect the fact that their children were young and wouldn't like to have all meals with their old parents and so only have rule of one meal a day together.

And laena and laenor in return love that their parents, for respecting their privacy and freedom. Today they were having breakfast together because king viserys was to come soon, near midday. and they would be dining with him. Aelana was of course invited to all their meals and have her reserved seat.

She walked through the halls and corridors which instead of yellow and hazy streets, rather gave a dazzling view of dark blue, never ending sea. she was walking when she felt footsteps rushed toward her and the person linked her arms into Aelana's arms.