49. kneel for me

Aelana woke up to the sun baring in her eyes, scrunching them tight she turned her face and shoved it into the soft pillow, patting her hand to found daemon chest or his toned stomach but frowned at the absence of it.

Opening her eyes she groaned when viserys roof came into her view, she had forget for a second where she was. sighing Aelana sat up on the bed, turning her head to the left she saw Viserys sleeping calmly, too calmly. like he was dead.

She sighed and move her hand on the other side of the bed hitting viserys arm to wake him up. "get up brother" she murmured and got down from the bed, dusting her dress and all the crinkles on it. "viseryssss" she groaned once again.

She wanted to talk to him that she will be leaving for Dragonstone soon, or else daemon might come here to get her. Also she also wanted to visit rhaenys who also stayed in kings landing for Vaemond funeral.

At the absence of viserys answer, she turned her head to look a him confused "viserys? brother?" she whispered his name.

but when he didnt reply aelana eyes widened and she yelled out loud "GUARDS!!! GET THE MAESTER GUARDS!!!" At her loud screech, the door to the rooms were opened and the guards entered the room, surrounding kings bed.

Maesters who always stayed ready for king health was always dwindling, rushed into the room and went to the king, followed by Queen Alicent and Lord Hand Otto. Alicent looked at Aelana, "what happened?"

her eyes moved rom her brother to the queen and she took in breaths, trying to keep her panic attac at bay "I just woke up and he was unresponsive a..and I call the guards and I.....I just don't know....and" tears brimmed at Aelana eyes.

Alicent immediately stepped forward and took the woman hand in hers, nodding her head at aelana in comfort "its going to be okay Aelana" alicent whispered and aelana simply nodded, for the first time feeling grateful for alicent company.

The maesters checked viserys pulse and what not until he stood back up, his eyes on the floor and filled with sadness. "What is it...what happened.....is brother okay? is my brother alright" aelana questioned the maester and all the guards look down, they have never seen such a brave woman break down like that and they cant see that so they deny to look upon her while she was dying too.

Maester only shook his head "I am sorry High Lady Aelana but the King is dead"

Aelana felt as if all the blood in her body was drained, her body shaking but she shook her head at him. "no it cant be no its not possible. no no no" She stumbled to the foot of bed and touch viserys feet which were cold and freezing.

"Brother wake up! wake up. please. I am here, viserys!" she stayed quiet for a second until her denial turned into anger and she smacked viserys feet "WAKE UP DAMMIT, YOU CANT LEAVE ME. VISERYSSSSS! BROTHER"

her loud shrills of anger filled with hiccups filled the hallway of kings landing with pain and horror, not being able to control herself she fell down on the floor. her loud sobs echoing the room, until she felt a small warm hand on her shoulder. "I am sorry Aelana" murmured Alicent.

Aelana turned her red, tears stricken face and look at the queen. still on the floor aelana didnt even bothered to clean her face which was covered with tears and hiccup while trying to speak. her eyes on alicent she said "We need to give him a funeral, a funeral worth his honour."

Alicent agreed to her and aelana stood up, her eyes on the queen, and with grief she asked her "I want cannibal to lit his pyre, a great dragon fire for a great king. If you don't mind Queen Alicent"

Aelana knew that aemond, aegon and helaena have dragons but she didnt think they would care about his pyre and the honour that come with it. However alicent did and the queen nodded her head at her. "Yeah I am sure viserys would want you to do the honours"