35. Reunion

Its been three days, three days since the news of Rowan Aurelian death reached the waters of driftmark Bay, three days since rhaenyra left on syrax to fetch her cousin, three day since Aelana has said a word.

she has been saying nothing but murmuring same words again and again, calling for her little boy. they hadn't told viserra, baelyx and Aenya anything about Rowan death. The children knew that something was wrong but Rhaenys decided to wait until aelana got her sense back.

The children were very young and to cope with their fathers death, they need the shadow of their mother. mother who was currently grieving and waiting for her youngest. Its been three days and Aelana was still sitting in the same place, in the same position, under the window, he knees folded to her chest, shivering and muttering like a mad man.

At first Daemon tried his best to get her off the floor, he begged her but was ignored completely. second day he was angry, he yelled at aelana, trying to make her ear and drink but was failed when he saw the look in aelana eyes.

She wasn't present, her eyes were glazed over as if she was seeing something else, as if Daemon wasn't losing his marbles in front of her. It was the morning of third day when daemon gave up to her will. squatting down next to her, he stayed silent.

looking at her, making sure she was breathing and her chest was moving. Daemon didnt care, he would sit there no matter how long it takes for her to come back. he was currently sitting next to her, his back against the wall and his finger was wrapped in her hair strand.

moving her hair around her finger, his hand stretched out when all of the sudden, Aelana seem to move and stood up. "Lana?" daemon questioned her and before he could stood up and act, Aelana ran like a mad woman.

Her clothes mopping the floor behind her, her hairs open and flowing behind her, her face covered with dry streaks of tears. she look rather pathetic but she didnt care. Aelana ran and ran until she reached the door of the Driftmark castle, not caring about daemon on her tail who was yelling at her and the guards to follow her along with him.

His breath hitching and he saw the guards shiver when the thunderous roar shook the wall of the driftmark castle. He paused in his step to hear the roar, turning his head he saw that aelana was now far from him so he picked his pace again.

Aelana reached the driftmark castle entrance and lifting her dress, she rushed down the stairs, standing in the middle of the outer land, staring at the dark sky which laid above the obsidian sea. Her tired body was gently using cannibal as a wall, to keep her stable.

Upon feeling her distress for the past three days, he was constantly pestering her and warning her that he would break through the driftmark hall to get to her. Aelana couldn't remember the amount of time she threaten him with punishment to keep him at bay.

But now that she was out and cannibal could feel her weakness, pain and grief through the bond, he had fly to the outer lands where she was waiting for someone. Feeling happy serving his rider. He was too big to cuddle but he was very clingy.

Cannibal head was laid on the side, his eyes lookin at the sea. Aelana was standing near his huge neck, her head laid down upon it, her cheek pressing into his hard rubbery warm skin, and a small part of his big wing was on her body shielding it from the windy weather, while the end part of his tail and wrapped around aelana left leg.

She didnt noticed daemon who had rush behind her and was now cautiously walking down the stairs, her eyes were fixed on the horizon. She didnt even blinked when Cannibal all of a sudden turned his head to look who had intrude upon them. Opening his mouth he roared at daemon loudly.

Aelana, with her eyes still fixed on the dark sky, pull up her hand and pat cannibal wing. Knowing what she was saying to him, aelana felt him let out the smoke from his nose and turn around away from daemon.