Families Meet (E)

Bakshi house

Both the families were seated on the dining table and laughing.

Kaira at one end of the table, Karan's Mom to her left, her Mom to her right.

Karan sat right across her, with his Dad on his right and Kaira's Dad to his left. Rashmu was standing behind her Mom.

"Good thing that you called back to tell...or else we would have waited back in Pune, and you would have been waiting here in Mumbai." Papa Malhotra says laughing at that call incident.

"See... didn't I told you?" Sunanda (Kaira's Mom) says to Raj (Kaira's Dad), he nods.

" Sorry but, you had to miss your cheat day" Raj says to Mr. Malhotra, while Karan looks across from Kaira's Dad to his Dad.

"Yes!...Sunday means I..."he starts to explain but Veena interrupts him "Sunny", he looks at her confused

"... and meeting you all is important Na" he changes his sentence.

Karan looks around at everyone, then rests his face on his palm, and signals by moving his hands for Kaira to look at him, when she looks at him, he appreciates her by moving his eyebrows...ankhon ke ishaare.

Kaira smiles and glares at him.

" now last week I said him, to show me a nice photo of Kaira (Veena says talking about Karan, Karan also looks towards Kaira's parents and smiles then looks at Kaira, who quickly lowers her gaze)...but this idiot...he showed me some childhood pic of hers on FB (Suraj starts laughing loudly at that, Karan shies looking down) yes, little Rashmi was also there in that pic.

"Oh my... that one! (Kaira and Karan are looking towards each other, but Kaira again looks away) that pic was of Rashmi's first day at school...Kaira (Kaira looks towards her Mom)...you have put that pic as dp?." And she laughs

"Mom" Kaira whines blushing.

" But he should also show that photo only?...this boy is so mad I tell you" Veena says about Karan, now it was Karan's turn to be embarrassed , so he gives a big awkward smile. But then continues with ishaaron hi isharon mein baatein with his Mumbai.

"and firstly, I am so sorry on his behalf (both the Papa's look confused towards him, and he looks shocked towards his Mom and then towards the Papas), that day, he made her tour around Pune, in scorching heat, the whole day, he should have taken her home and called some of the relatives?" (Karan keeps mum, and sits with his face balanced on the palm, looking away... acting to look away, just trying to get Kaira's attention) in fact, he hid his identity from her, that's another thing I don't understand, and then what you said. Yaa...I am MR".

Kaira frowns listening to that and looks up at him, he wiggles his eyebrows at her.

" she is no less either, she too troubled him a lot . . . totally made for each other" Sunanda says and laughs, Raj looks at her shocked, Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra glance at each other and join her in laughing.

Our Mumbai – Pune are busy talking thru their eyes.

Suraj/Sunny looks towards his son, and finds him doing gestures to Kaira, and Kaira glaring back at him.