'Ex' is back (E)

Mumbai

"So what did the Mumbaikars felt about the Punekars?" Karan asks on call to Kaira, who was in a park, on a walk.

"They are nice ... your parents are really nice people..." Kaira says about his parents.

Karan laughs, munching on some snacks.

"But what huh?...why are you like this then?" Kaira asks him about his behavior.

"Meaning?" he asks confused with his mouthful of snacks.

"Hahahha...nothing" Kaira laughs as he didn't understood the teasing, "Everything is good...but don't you think we are rushing everything?" she asks if they are rushing into things.

"Huh?" he makes the sound confused.

" No I mean, I have never taken any decision in such a haste" she explains her thoughts. He sighs understanding her plight.

"And we don't even know each other yet...properly" she says.

"Umm (he makes the sound, shaking his head, implying 'no') we'll manage, you will also be able to manage just remember what I said... "relations are at their best when you take it at its pace, understanding and knowing each other gradually with time"...hm?" he tries to relax her, as she shares her worries.

"Maybe... but I am finding all this very odd" she says, still not convinced.

"Ohh great shot....awesome" he mutters, as he was watching a cricket match. But he mutters into the phone, so Kaira also hears that.

"One minute are you doing something else?...are you busy?" she ask him.

He looks at the screen and snack in his hand, "uhh. . .I mean, I was going to say only, can we chat for a while?...I am watching a match right now (he puts snacks in his mouth and says with mouthful) ingllan vs ausstrlia. (England vs Australia)"

"Haha... but India is not playing in that match" she asks why he is watching a match in which India isn't playing.

"Yeah so?" he asks confused

"Then what's the need to watch that match??" she asks, now in the lane of her house.

"What's the problem in that... whether India is playing that match or not?" he asks her

"ya but...'" she tries to say something but he interrupts "cricket is cricket...oh oh. . .wicket...listen Na...I will chat Na" he asks to chat on WhatsApp coz he was busy with match.

"Okay we'll chat on WhatsApp...bye" she says and removes her earphones, cutting the call, looking confusedly ahead of her, at the man leaning on his car.

He sees her and stands straight, turning towards her. She walks slowly towards him.

"Amar?" she says confused.

"Hi" he says with a small smile

"Hi" she says with a little giggle at the end, not really happy to see him, just a small smile on her face.

"How are you?" he asks, she just blinks her eyes and nods, but then laughs lightly. He also giggles.

"Well...(he continues awkwardly) I'll come straight to the point" he looks at her, she is staring at him, with a small awkward smile.

He shuts his eyes for a little while and continues

"I came to say sorry" he says and the small smile also disappears from her face, as she stares at him confused.

He sighs smiling "I know this is something new (she just stares at him, blank). . . every time you used to come after me (she looks down, remembering the old times)...to say sorry to me, too woo me , but you didn't come this time (listening that, she looks up at him) I got confused, it got me thinking... for the first time I felt that something is wrong, something is missing (he says and she keeps looking at him with the same blank stare, but showing that she is listening to him) I felt, I should come to you...to say sorry."

He completes his talk, she smiles and nods her head saying "good".

Amar heaves a loud sigh of relief and Kaira's cell pings with Karan's msg on it. She checks and giggles at those messages as he said something funny with hilarious emoji's. Then looks up at Amar who says "I thought you would cry a lot, wail, get irritated with me, will yell some cuss words at me, but ... nothing of that sorts happened... you took everything so lightly, all this." Kaira smiles at him and says "I have moved on" then giving him a tight smile she continues "I am getting married".

He stares at her confused, shocked, now staring her blank.

She continues smiling "I...umm... I waited a lot, for you to come to me...but after that, you didn't meet, no calls, no messages...I also didn't do any...controlled myself to not do any...few weeks back I went to Pune..." she was saying, when he interrupts her.

"Wait wait...you came to Pune and you didn't even tell me about it" he asks confused and somewhat hurt.

Hhahahah. She laughs at his statement "I am not answerable to you anymore Amar." He looks on at her sadly by that statement.

She continues "I went to Pune, met him, spend the whole day together, and...yeah.." she giggles feeling shy.

"You liked him so much that you decided to marry him" he says sadly and she looks at him.

"...in just one day" he completes his statement. She gives a small smile, nods her head and says "sometimes it happens, that, somethings that don't work out in years also, it works out in just one single day (she says hinting about their relationship). . .and most importantly, if I do some mistake, or I am wrong about something, he doesn't leave me in the midway and walk away...he corrects my mistakes, points out where I am wrong, he supports me, stands by me to make all wrongs, right...so yes...liked him".

Amar looks down, listening to that.

"so....I feel we should just forget all the old stuff...both should go on their own tracks...that will be the right thing...huh? (Amar nods agreeing with her)..Good bye" she gives him smile.

He also nods and says "bye" in a low voice. She walks past him.

Suddenly he turns and calls her out "Kaira", she turns to him.

"If I feel like, um like that only, without any special reason...can I give you a call?" he asks her.

She walks back to him, standing face to face with him.

"Of course you can give me a call" she says with a small smile.

"no, before this we even used to work together, so even if it's not about work, if I call you for coffee...will you come?" he asks her.

She hugs him, giving him a quick hug and says "sure...bye".

"Bye" he says.

And she walks away from there; he looks at her going for a while, then gets into his car and goes away.