Back to 'Ex' (E)

Amar's office.

"yes pastel colors...pastel colors will be the best, bride is heighted, and has fair complexion...she'll carry it perfectly...instead of vertical designs we'll put horizontal designs, and wide borders on the top, it will look great on her, she is slim figured na... yes done" Amar was talking with the client on the phone call, Kaira was working on a dressed mannequin.

He cuts the call and comes to Kaira.

"They loved the designs" he informs Kaira that clients are happy with their ideas, about the dresses.

"Good" Kaira replies looking at him with a smile, and then continues with her work. She was checking the necklaces that would go with the dress.

"Kaira, I was missing all this only (Kaira looks up from the necklace, at him, she turns to keep the necklace on the table). . .instead of vertical, horizontal designs would look more good, even I had got this idea...but wide borders would suit better, this idea of yours was fantastic (Kaira laughs lightly, now rolling a reel of border's lace)....no wonder clients loved your designs, and they have chosen to go with your ideas only (kaira nods and continues with her work)....I wasn't having the courage to say sorry to you, that's why I wasn't able to come to you for work also."

By now Kaira rolls up the whole reel and turns to keep it on the table, Amar was standing across that table so she looks up at him says, "okay!. So that's why you apologized to me? Huh?" in a teasing tone.

"No no....not at all" Amar says smiling at her.

"Okay then, I'll get going" Kaira says picking up her purse

"What's this... you are behaving like Cinderella now a days, its 12 o'clock I should leave" Amar says teasing her.

"it's nothing like that (she makes face). . .Karan is coming to Mumbai today...he is coming for his Ad shoot, but "dear son-in-law" is coming for the first time after the wedding got finalized na, so Mom has invited him for dinner...so much of preparations are being done, just put up the lighting series and it will look like its Diwali at my home today....I need to reach home and cook Kheer...dearest son-in-law loves Kheer na" she says smiling that Karan is coming and her mom has asked her to make kheer for Karan. She turns to keep her cell in the purse.

"So...finally you will belong to Pune only?" Amar states, with a small smile.

"Hmm" she says blushing, fidgeting in the purse. "Okay then, bye" she says and turns, placing the purse properly on shoulder.

"Kaira, suppose...suppose that your marriage would not have been fixed...(Kaira frowns listening that) and I would have met you, exactly the way I met you that evening (referring about the day he apologized)... you would have come back?...to me?" he finally asks, what he wanted to ask since a long time.

But that question puts Kaira into thinking mode.

Bakshi House

"Ah ha ha... what an amazing Kheer, almonds are put in perfect quantity..." Girija was seated on the kitchen platform and was relishing the kheer.

Sunanda was keeping stuff in the refrigerator. She asks Girija innocently "we'll do one thing? (Huh? Girija asks)...those taxi courier services or something are there Na, so we should send some Kheer for Karan by that taxi courier services?"