Mom goes "Kehdiya na, bas kehdiya" (H)

Bakshi House

"maine kaha tha aap se...itna laad mat kariye, sar pe chad ke baithengi,,par aapka toh wohi humesha ka 'main transfer hota rehta hu, ghar kabhi kabhi aata hu,aake kya daantun unko' she mimics her husband (serving breakfast in a plate) she brings the plate out from the kitchen.

"daantiye...daantna chahiye tha aapko" she says to her husband, who was hiding behind the newspaper and exchanging looks with their elder daughter kaira, who was seated on the sofa with a coffee mug in her hand.

she takes the plate to dining table where theirRashmu was seated drinking coffee.

"mummy toh kya humesha hi daant ti hain...dekhana kya kar ke baithi hai ladki" she continues, and walks back to kitchen.

"jaldi finish karo" she says to Rashmu, while going back in the kitchen.

"karan ko kya laga hoga? Kya soch rahe honge woh?" her mother continues her rant from the kitchen, and father daughter duo exchange poor looks with each other.

"kal ko agar yeh rishta toot gaya na..." her mother continues her rant, now making balls from the big chunk of dough.

"mumma!!..chai milega thoda?" kaira asks , now fed up with her mom's rants.

"chai!!?...chai kyun?...thodasa vodka hi deti hu na." her mom taunts her, coming put the kitchen, with one small ball of dough in her hand, rolling it to make proper spheres. Papa Bakshi looks up from the paper, kaira rolls her eyes and rashmu giggles from the dining table.

"ek tu... aur ek woh girija...uske wajahse gandi aadatein lag gayi hain tujhe." Her mom continues.

"mausi ko kuch bolo mat haan" kaira says supporting her mouse.

"hhaan kya?" her mom taunts back.

"and karan cool hai mom" kaira adds

"sun rahe ho na?! (she asks her husband, who looks up at her) aap aaj ke aaj Mr.Malhotra ko call kijiye (papa glances towards kaira , who makes a sad face)...arey kitne din ruke woh log humare liye, riya ki shaddi hogayi na abhi, ab kis baat ki der karni hai (kaira leaves from there stomping her feet, her mother watches her go and continues)countdown shuru hogaya hai, samjhena (she says nodding towards kaira) isliye bol rahi hu phone kariye.(papa keeps given side glances to his wife, trying to read newspaper, mom walks back into kitchen, still ranting)ek baar shaadi hojane do, phir sasural jaakar kya peena hai woh piyo...nahi aap phone karo hi mr.malhotra ko (outside in hall, papa is staring towards the kitchen with puppy face, and Rashmi is giggling with coffee mug in her hand) and puchiye, yeh Sunday aarahe hain kya shaddi ki baat karne?... (she then looks towards her husband, still reading newspaper) kar rahe hain na phone?! (she shouts from the kitchen)

"Haan haan" papa quickly gets up from the chair (warna biwi wapas shuru hojayegi) picks the landline receiver to call (but yeh bhi papa bakshi hain...kisi se kum nahi hain)

"arey kairu ("haan" kaira replies from her room), mujhe zara malhotra's ka landline number dena...last time maine kahan rakh diya yaad nahi." He says standing with the phone in his hand.

"papa mere pass bhi nahi hai number." She yells from her room, avoiding the call to malhotras.

"theek phir baadmein karte hian" papa says happily going back to sit with his newspaper