Back to 'Ex' (H)

Amar's office.

"yes pastel colors...pastel colors will be the best, bride ki height bahut acchi hai, and fair complexion hai...she'll carry it perfectly...unke liye hum vertical ke bajaye horizontal designs karenge, and upar broad borders, it will look great on her, bride slim haina... yes done" Amar was talking with the client on the phone call, kaira was working on a dressed mannequin.

He cuts the call and comes to kaira.

"They are liking it" he informs kaira that clients are happy with their ideas, about the dresses.

"good" kaira replies looking at him with a smile, then continues with her work. She was checking the necklaces that would go with the dress.

"kaira, yeh sab miss kar raha tha main (kaira looks up from the necklace, at him, she turns to keep the necklace on the table)...vertical ke jagah horizontal designs jyada acche lagenge yeh idea mujhe bhi aayi thi...but uspe broad borders suit honge, yeh bahut acha idea aaya tumhe (kaira laughs lightly, now rolling a reel of border's lace)....no wonder clients ko tumhari designs hi pasand aayi, and unhe wohi design chahiye hain....tumhe sorry kehne ki himmat nahi thi, isliye tumhare pass kaam leke bhi nahi aaraha tha."

By now kaira rolls up the whole reel and turns to keep it on the table, amar was standing across that table so she looks up at him says, "acha!..isliye mujhe sorry bole kya?" in a teasing tone.

"nahi nahi...bilkul nahi" amar says smiling at her.

"okay then, main chalti hu abhi" kaira says picking up her purse

"yeh kya...tum toh ekdum Cinderella hogayi ho, 12 baj gaye nikalna chahiye" amar says teasing her.

"nahi nahi...aaj karan Mumbai aane wala hai...matlab woh apne ad ki shoot ke liye aa raha hai, par shadi fix hone ke baad pyaare damaadji pehle baar Mumbai aarahe haina, so mom ne ghar pe khaane ke liye bulaya hai...ghar ki aisi haalat kar rakkhi haina...bus lightings lagaane ki der hai, diwali hi lagega...mujhe ghar jaake kheer bana ne ka hai...pyaare dmaadji ko kheer pasand haina" she says smiling and turns to keep her cell in the purse.

"so..finally tum pune ki banogi?"

"hmm" she says blushing , fidgeting in the purse. "chalo bye" she says and turns, placing the purse properly on shoulder.

"kaira suppose...suppose ki tumhari shaadi fix nahi hui hoti..(kaira frowns listening that)and uss din main tumhe jaise mila tha, waise hi mila hota(referring about the day he apologized)... toh wapas aajati kya?...mere paas?" he finally asks what he wanted to ask since a long time.

But that question puts kaira into thinking mode.

Bakshi house

"ah ha ha..kya mast kheer banaya hai di, badam bhi ekdum amount mein daala hai.." girija was seated on the kitchen platform and was relishing the kheer.

Sunanda was keeping stuff in the refrigerator. she asks girija innocently "ek kaam kare kya?(huh? Girija asks)..woh taxi courier service kuch hai toh, karan ke liye kheer ka ek dabba pack karke bhijwa dein kya?"

"bhijwa toh sakte hain...par" girija is saying something but kaira interrupts angrily throwing her cell phone on the table

"hello, kisi ke liye kuch bhi courier karwane ki zarorat nahi hai, and uss karan ke liye toh bilkul bhi nahi...ek number ka chalu insaan hai woh!" she says angrily and sits on the table