xi. real leader

The team was now watching a factory in Santa Prisca. They were standing on a cliff, following what this evil man tells them.

Even though Rowan didn't trust him, she made sure to be the closest to him. She had to make sure that she would be the first one to hurt him if he tried anything. It wasn't because she wanted to make sure the others were safe, it was just because it would look good on her performance.

Robin used his binoculars to spy on the cult, "Look at all that product. A buy is going down. But if Kobra's not selling to the usual suspects, then-"

Aqualad cut him off, "We need to identify that buyer."

KF tried to seem smart, "Just what I was thinking."

"Yeah! You're the thinker."

"Sarcasm? Dude, a real leader would focus on getting answers."

Rowan watched as the guy with the face paint moved a giant boulder that was in front of a tunnel entrance. He shouldn't be able to do that. He looked at them, "Answers are this way."

Kid Flash sounded annoyed, "So now, El Luchador is our leader?"

Rowan walked past him and slapped his shoulder. She was always the closest to the man, but she bet the others never noticed her hand gripping the dagger in her right hand.

The man opened the sealed door with a fingerprint scanner and led them into the factory. Robin and the man looked out the slightly open door with Rowan standing right behind them.

"All clear." Robin quickly grabbed Rowan's hand and ran out. They both rushed to the computer room, trying to find answers. Robin threw a Batarang; it released a green gas and it made everyone in the room pass out.

Robin sat on the chair in front of the camera, pushing down the passed-out man that originally sat there. Rowan leaned down behind him, watching the boy do his magic with the technology.

Kid Flash sped into the room they were in, eating a chocolate bar, "Whatcha got?"

Rowan responded, "Chemical formulas. I'm guessing it involved venom, but-"

The redhead ran and stood right next to her, "This one's venom, and that one's-Woah, The Blockbuster formula from Cadmus. Mixed correctly, Kobra's new juice is three times stronger than venom," he paused, "and permanent." He looked at Robin, "But, how did Kobra get access to project Blockbuster?"

"Our mystery buyer must also be Kobra's supplier! Using the cult to create a Blockbuster Venom super formula." Robin stood up, trying to talk to the others through his comm, "Robin to Aqualad, we got...static."

Suddenly, a loud roar was heard and thuds from the room they were just in. The three ran out to see Sportsmaster and a big beast fighting them. Rowan jumped off the railing and onto two Kobra. Guns were fired at her, but she dodged and knocked them out.

"Everyone online?" M'gann's voice rang through her head.

Rowan groaned, she hated this telepathic shit. It reminded her too much of her father bringing her to a telepath to teach her about protecting her thoughts. Let's just say that she's not very good at it and she was punished for it.

"Yeah."

"You know it, beautiful."

She was caught off guard when a girl with orange and yellow hair knocked her to the ground. Rogue drew out her dagger and threw it at her, but it only cut into her arm.

The random girl ripped out the dagger and smiled at it, "I never understood knives, guns are better."

Rowan stood up with a smirk even if her whole body hurt, "Guns make you weak, but I don't think you need any help with that."