xlix. nemesis

Rowan stood at one of the tables with a red dress on her figure.

"Olympus to Abaddon," Thor snapped his fingers in front of the girl's face, "This is not the time to zone out."

The girl cleared her throat and they met eyes, "Right."

The duo was in Zeus's ballroom. They had been cordially invited by Ares who liked to stir the pot a lot more than he should. And, of course, they can't say no to The god of war.

Rowan was wearing a red gown that flowed down to her feet. It was satin and thick straps laid upon her shoulders, accompanying the dress was red heels that felt like torture to the girl. Her brunette hair was in a bun, but some baby hairs framed her face.

"Abaddon." The said girl turned around to meet eyes with a certain pair. And, just like that, she was heating up again. His gaze was burning into her; almost like she was on fire and he was just pouring more gasoline, "Never thought I'd see you here."

She tilted her head slightly, "Nemesis. Never knew you liked to talk to peasants like me." Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Thor leave to go talk with his brother, Loki.

His head fell back in a laugh. It sounded like a booming sound, like he was made for war and chaos, "I must say you're quite entertaining." He paused to take a sip of his champagne, "And, those new eyes suit you well, my dear."

Rowan's jaw clenched in frustration, he did this to her. That stupid simulation where Blair stabbed her eyes, somehow made her body actually react to it, "I think your head would look good on my wall."

"Well, I know you love looking at my face." He took a step closer, causing both of their breaths to hitch.

Rowan gulped her eyes betrayed her by looking at his lips. The girl whispered out, "Never in a million years, Nemesis."

"Never is such a long time, darling." Their faces were only centimeters apart and gods, they've never intimately touched another being in years. 

"I can't stand you."

A small chuckle left his lips that Rowan's eyes couldn't stray from for too long. It was almost a need to have him, this felt different than with Dick. With Nemesis, it was just a desire for lust and to be touched; for comfort. But, the god could never be her Robin.

His hand reached up and grabbed ahold of her chin, the pad of his thumb on her chin. His voice was low and husky, "Coat closet. Now."

For some reason, she agreed and followed him. 

As soon as she stepped in, her back hit the wall. He was all over her and it's exactly what they needed. His hands found her hips and his lips found her neck. 

Rowan let out gasp as he sucked on a specific part of her neck, "Only once, understood?" All she got in return was a bite, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

His lips finally separated from her neck, causing her to let out a small whine. Nemesis's hands tugged on the hem of her corset, "Take off your clothes, right now."

And, for another reason she didn't understand, she obeyed.

"C'mon, Abaddon!" Nemesis grabbed her hand and led her through the dark halls of Olympus' prison. Once they finally escaped, Rowan laughed with the boy as she saw the sun for the first time in a while, "Isn't it beautiful?"