epilogue

Rowan woke up to find herself not in her room. Blue sheets were around her and there was a faint smell of cologne.

She looked around to find out she was in Dick's room. The messy dresser was a dead give away, plus the pictures of him and the Wayne's were on the mirror.

The woman stood up and pulled on one of his shirts that littered the ground. It came down mid-thigh, covering the bottoms of her swimsuit she just put on. Her footsteps sounded across the quiet hallways of the cave, nobody seemed to be there. Even as she called out people's names, nobody responded back.

Rowan made her way outside of the cave, toward the beach. Maybe she could watch the sunrise before everyone came back.

That's when she saw everyone.

The whole team, including Black Canary, Oliver, Roy, and Baby Blake in his arms, stood on the beach, laughing with one another.

Dick waved over to her, "Row, come here!" When she came closer, she watched as his eyes scanned her body. Something in his eyes turned dark. He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "I don't think you realize what you do to me."

Rowan smiled up to him and quickly kissed his cheek, "Oh, I do. I just like to watch you struggle."

With that, she walked over to the group of people, feeling his gaze on her back and ass.

"Row! Please tell Conner that redheads aren't the spawn of the devil," Wally pleaded, his arm around Artemis' waist.

The said woman sat around the fire, the original team around her, "Conner, redheads aren't the spawn of the devil—"

Conner grunted, making Wally to yell out, "Thank you!"

"—They're the spawn of Hades."

"Ugh!" Wally threw his face into the crook of his girlfriends neck, causing everyone to laugh at his dramatics.

Dick finally made his way over, sitting next to the woman, "Guys, we all know Wally can get sensitive about this topic—"

"Don't even get me started on that, Nightwing." Rocket sighed, already seeming tired of the certain speedster.

M'gann spoke up, "Guys, redheads aren't that bad."

"That's because you are one. You could be lying to us to save yourself!"

The martian looked at Conner to try to get him to say something, but he never met her eyes. Rowan knew something was up with them, but Conner looked too pissed for her to ask in front of everyone.

The woman stood up and gestured to Conner, "Wanna take a walk, Boy of Steel?" He instantly followed suit and they both began to walk along the beach, "Wanna talk about it?"

Conner shook his head, "Nah. How's you and Dick?"

"Good," Rowan responded with a smile, "We got back together."

Her best friend chuckled, "Remember when you guys had crushes on each other, but you guys were too scared to say shit?" Rowan laughed and nodded, "Sometimes I look back and want to go back to the easier times, y'know?"

The woman nodded, she knew exactly what he was saying. Sometimes, she wanted to go back to before Olympus and before she left. Rowan just wanted to look at the world with a pure and untainted view, but she didn't think she ever did, even before the team.

"Yeah, I understand."

There was a comforting silence, both just enjoying being by their best friend's side once again. That was until Superboy spoke up again, "When you were gone, Dick never slept through storms."

Her head looked up to meet his gaze, "Because he was scared?"

Conner chuckled and shook his head, "No, because you always said you loved the rain. And, he didn't want to miss the chance of being closer to you again."

Her eyes went to the sand, not knowing what to say. All she knew was that she loved Dick and didn't want to go a day without him ever again, "Back in Olympus, when I was fighting in the pit, I always looked up to the stars. It was the only time you could see them and it was comforting to know that you guys were looking at the same exact ones." She paused, thinking of the best way to say it, "I missed you and your stupid words."

Conner laughed, throwing his head back. Rowan realized how much she missed the sound of her best friend's laughter, "Y'know, Row, I guess I missed you too—"

"Guess?"

Conner nodded, acting as if she was the stupid one, "That's what I said, Row. You sure you didn't hit your head—"

Before anything else could be said, the woman tackled him to then floor. She straddled his torso and hit his chest, "Don't be an ass, Kent." Superboy shoved her off him, throwing her back some. She quickly stood back up, rolling her eyes, "Don't need to—" Rowan couldn't finish the sentence as he started to rush at her.

The woman ran all the way back to the campfire, screaming out at points. Conner was right at her heels, "Don't fucking think you're gonna get away from this."

"Dick! Dick!" The said man looked up, a small smile on his face once he saw her running at him, "Help me!" Rowan ran into his arms, holding onto him like a koala. Her arms were around his neck as her legs were around his torso. Dick's hands found their way to her ass, holding her up.

The team laughed as Conner finally made it back, his face scrunched up to try to look mad, "Dick's not going to help you, Row."

The said man chuckled and went to sit down by the campfire once more, Rowan still clutching on to him, "Yes, he will! He's my boyfriend, it's kind of in the description."

Conner just muttered something then went to sit between Aqualad and Artemis. Rowan turned around, but still stayed in his lap.

Aqualad looked at the team with a prideful look. A smile danced across his lips, "Today is the day of new beginnings."

Rowan smiled at his words. She looked back to the ocean where the sun was slowly rising. The sky was turning a yellowish orange hue.

Everyone placed their hands on their chest as some sort of salute, "Today is the day."

The sun rose, but one single star still could be seen as the sky turned brighter. It didn't look lonely nor sad. It was just happy to be there, looking down at everyone.

It was a Rogue.