xvii. memory loss

TW: Mention of suicide and vivid detail of it.

Rowan was going to kill everyone. Everything was sandy, and she hated sand.

The young girl didn't know where she was. All she remembered was her father yelling at her and her sister. Kennedy secretly joined a group of vigilantes that was trying to make Gotham a better place. But, let's just say, the group got quickly corrupted and Kennedy went to jail, leading to the scolding.

Rowan walked slowly on the sand, observing her surroundings. She had the urge to kill something, but another thing was holding her back. She didn't know what.

The girl looked down at her clothing. It was a tight, black superhero suit with grey armor on top. There were daggers around her belt and some batons on her back. She felt a weird thing around her eyes and took it off, finding it to be a mask.

She felt the material, "What the fuck?" All the girl did was throw it on the sand.

Suddenly, there was a large boom and she quickly took cover behind a mountain. Her chest was rising fast. Rowan had to get out of there. 

She looked up to spot two airplanes flying overhead, toward a sand hill. Rowan didn't care if they were going to kill people, it was either her or them. And, she'd choose herself every single time.

The girl ran closer to the screaming. What she saw amazed her beyond measure. There was a shirtless boy getting tugged on from his arms by soldiers, but surprisingly, the boy was winning. 

Rowan decided she needed this boy on her team. So, she quietly snuck up behind a soldier and slit his throat, the man making no noise. Rowan had experience, she knew exactly where to slice. The girl quickly hid again, then repeated the action. Soon enough, people started to notice their colleagues dropping dead. But, before they said anything, the super boy pulled both sides down, growling.

The girl decided to take her leave, running out of there. There was nothing, but sand and sunny skies. She began to grow thirsty, but Rowan knew she could last for three days, so she just needed to find a water source by then. 

Anyways, the girl bet it was some elaborate scheme made by her father to train her. She soon found some rocks to sit down for the moment. But, some groaning caused her to pull her dagger out of her belt.

Rowan looked beyond the rock to find a dark-skinned boy with white hair, groaning in a different language. The girl recognized his kind to be Atlantians. Her father made sure she knew every species, to know their weaknesses and strengths. That's how she knew that he shouldn't be in heat, but it wasn't her problem. It was either kill or be killed, he just didn't make the cut.

But, something inside her told her to check on him. So, she quickly crawled over to him, checking his pulse. He was alive, but barely. She heard footsteps behind her, causing her to quickly get behind the boy and lift the dagger to his neck, almost drawing blood. 

She was met with four pairs of eyes on her. Two boys and two girls, all dressed up in superhero gear. Maybe this was her sister's friends?

"We don't want to harm you-" The green girl started.

"Who the fuck are you?" The four stayed silent, so Rowan pressed harder on the Atlantian's neck, drawing blood, "I said, who the fuck are you?"

"We're superheroes!" The boy with the red hair spoke up fast, "I'm Kid Flash, that's Robin," He pointed to the one who never looked away from her, "Artemis," The blonde one, "And, Miss Martian." The Green girl.