xxxv. family secrets

Five days. She had five days before she left.

The team was in the Smokey Mountains, planning on investigating a plane that crashed.

"A-are you sure it's her?" Artemis asked, "I mean, are you absolutely positive?"

"See for yourself." Robin showed her a hologram of Cheshire boarding the plane.

M'gann was controlling the Bio-Ship, Superboy in the back next to her. Then in the front, it went Kid Flash, Artemis, Robin, Rogue, Aqualad, and finally, Rocket. It was the team all together again after a while.

They began talking about the case in Jade's hands as she boarded the plane, "Is that the case you saw in New Orleans? The one that got away?"

"Yes," Artemis looked down in defeat.

Rocket spoke up, "Okay, I'm guessing from the mug shot that this Cheshire's the bad guy. But, what's so important about that case?"

"Remember the 'injustice league'?"

"And their giant, evil plants? Uh, yea." Rowan smiled, she began to like Rocket.

The brunette chuckled, "Don't forget how badly I knocked down Joker." Rowan sighed, "It was lovely, really."

Aqualad smiled at the girl, "The team and the league put them in prison, but their allies still scheme. And, whatever is in that containment case seems important to their plans."

"We had a chance to grab it in New Orleans, but someone screwed up," Kid Flash took a dig at Artemis.

Rowan scoffed at the boy, "Shut the hell up, KF. It's not like you haven't done the same, especially when you can't keep your mouth shut."

Rocket laughed at her words, "I like her!"

M'gann interrupted the two, "Approaching Cheshire's jet." She gasped out once they saw the jet, "Looks like there were no survivors."

They were looking through the jet on the ground, trying to find anything useful. Rowan sneakily grabbed a snowball and launched it at Robin's face, causing him to mockingly glare at the girl.

"Oh, you're getting it now." He threw a snowball at her, but she dodged.

"Guys!" They both stopped and looked at Superboy, "Where're the bodies?"

"Here's one." Everyone looked to find Cheshire on top of a mountain ledge, "And, it is stunning."

Rowan was about to reply, but then a voice at the very top of the mountain began to yell, "I am flora, not fauna. I am foliage, not trees. What am I?"

People in white uniforms were below him on different parts of the mountain, glaring down at them. The one dude that looks like a lion with scars around his body, was beside the riddler.

The girl scoffed, she fucking hated The Riddler.

The bad guy snapped his fingers and poles sprouted from the mountaintop, creating a dome that entrapped them.

"Hey, come on, you can get this. I am shrubbery, not grass. What am I?"

Rowan screamed up at him, "We fucking get it, you like riddles! We discovered that the answer is ambush a while ago! Give it up, man!"

The Riddler groaned, "You're no fun." He stepped closer to the ledge, "Didn't you think we'd get tipped that you were on Cheshire's trail? We're tired of your interference, kiddies. This is the end game. Ordered from above and executed by their master strategist, moi." Rowan started to laugh, causing him to go quiet, "What? What is it?"