lxii. after the world has fallen

"Thor was my best friend."

Rowan stood in front of the team. The roars of the ocean waves behind her caused her to have to speak louder.

"He was always there for me and made sure I laughed. He made everyday easier for me in Olympus and on Earth." Rowan quickly wiped away the few tears that had fallen, "He, uhm, he was only twelve with so much responsibility already and I wish that I could've helped him with that." The woman looked behind her to see his body on a wooden float, a white cloth covering him, "There was this one time in Olympus where, for the hell of it, he decided to pick a fight with this lizard type of woman. Thor believed she was cheating by using a drug to enhance her abilities or some shit like that. So, he snuck into her cell and took them when no one was looking." A laugh escaped her lips at the memory, "He made me take it with him and turns out it was weed edibles." A few laughs sounded from crowd, "But, that's the type of person he was. Brave and reckless, but he had heart and courage." She sniffled as she tried to hold herself together, "Thor was my best friend and nothing could ever change that. I'll miss him more than I missed the team back on Olympus and that's fucking saying something." More laughs tumbled from the crowd, "Thank you all for coming."

Rowan stepped away from the front of the crowd and near Thor. She gave him a kiss on the crown of his head as more tears fell, "O Captain."

It was a way to say I love you and she never wanted to forget about him.

The team joined her on either side of the boy as they slowly walked into the ocean with him. As they got far enough away from shore where they were waist deep in water, Rowan whispered in his ear, "Rest well in the Elysium Fields, boy of thunder." They slowly pushed him away, the ocean taking him.

Thunder sounded all around them.

Rowan sat on the edge of the roof with Lola at her side. They haven't talked since Rowan left, causing there to be slight awkwardness.

"I'm sorry," Lola looked into Rowan's eyes with confusion, "I'm sorry I left and didn't say goodbye."

The young girl shrugged, "It's alright."

"No, it isn't." Rowan huffed, "you've been through a lot and you at least deserved a goodbye, so I'm sorry."

Lola nodded, "I did, but I forgive you." The woman smiled slightly at the girl, "I just missed you, that's all."

The woman never noticed how alike Lola and Thor were until now. They both had smiles that could light up any room and could make Rowan smile without even trying.

Rowan laughed and gave her a side hug, "I've missed you too, Lols." She nudged her, "How'd Roy treat you?"

Lola smiled brightly, "Good! He taught me how to use a bow and arrow. I also got to meet Blake and she's super cute."

"Y'know she'a named after me?"

The girl rolled her eyes, "Okay, man. You don't gotta rub it in my face, alright? But, I did get Blake her favorite toy yet."

Rowan furrowed her eyebrows, "Which is?"

"A bat!"

After her conversation with Lola, Rowan made her way to the apartment building that sat a couple streets away. She slowly made her way into one of the windows with grace.