xxxiii. daring dangers

"These are our latest pearls; The Daring Dangers!"

Rowan and Dick stood upon the ledge of the platform, waving toward the crowd. 

"Dan Danger!" Robin grabbed ahold of the trapeze and flew to the other side, "Dawn Danger!" M'gann flew across, flipping onto 'Dan's' pole as he did the same. Once the redhead landed on her podium, Rowan hooked her knees onto the trapeze, moving upside down. Daggers were held in her hand as she flew across, landing into the bullseye of a target board on the other platform, "Dixie Danger!"

Artemis and Roy shot arrows, "Diane and Dane Danger!" Conner threw up large barrels with his strength, "And, Dean Danger!"

They did some more tricks that Rowan couldn't even begin to describe as they were so complex. They give all their thanks to Dick for teaching them all this.

"You'll never see another trapeze acts like this, folks." The ringmaster yelled toward the crowd who cheered, "And all performed without a net!" Dick swung out to reach M'gann's and Rowan's hands, but his fingers didn't quite reach as he began to fall. The girl's heart dropped and all she saw was him dropping toward the ground. 

"Robin!" M'gann yelled out through telepathy. But, no words came to mind for Rowan; nothing. She couldn't save him. 

"Don't blow our cover," Robin said, causing Rowan to want to scream out. How could he not care for his own life? He was falling, falling, falling.

Superboy threw up a barrel, letting Robin fly up toward the girls using the energy of the barrel, "But saving your life's okay?"

Robin reached out for Rowan's hand, but he still didn't quite make it. And, at that moment, the girl didn't care for her own safety. She would rather die than live a two weeks without him. Rowan lowered herself to grab his hand, her legs slipping from the pole. Her bruised neck from the last mission began to hurt from her stretching. She felt herself begin to fall, but M'gann used her telekinesis to let Rowan slip back to her position. 

Robin locked eyes with M'gann, clearly agitated, "What did I just say?"

"The crowd couldn't see me use telekinesis from below." M'gann paused, "Besides, I've been using it all night." Rowan threw Robin back onto the platform, "I'm not exactly the acrobat you are." M'gann jumped off the trapeze, also landing on the platform. The brunette watched Robin grab M'gann's waist, stabilizing her.

Rowan was supposed to do the same, but the girl couldn't. It was like she froze as she looked toward the ground. She's never been scared of heights, but seeing Robin fall? It was like a wave of anxiety washed over her. 

"Row, what are you doing?"  Robin questioned, nerves covering his voice.

Rowan ignored the boy and looked at Conner who was looking up at her, "Catch me, boy of steel." The girl breathed in and out, then she dropped.

She could hear the crowd scream as they weren't expecting her to fall. Her hair blew in multiple directions, covering her eyes. What if this was how she died? It would probably be less painful than her death in Olympus is going to be.

Two arms caught her and she opened her eyes to see blue ones staring back at her, "You dumb piece of shit."

Rowan laughed in disbelief, waving to the cheering crowd, "I'm surprised that worked."