xxiv. august

Rowan laughed with August as they walked closer to her house. He was coming over to hang out for the first time ever.

Her father is in a different city; doing God knows what. He's been acting more weird than usual as her birthday comes closer. It was a little less than three months away and Rowan was doing everything to try to stop it.

Olympus. That's where she's supposed to go. At least from what Eros told her. And, the stories she's heard about the place don't sound like a vacation.

"No, so I told Angie to ask out Colin, right?" The girl hummed as she put the key into the lock of her house, "And, she actually did it."

Rowan opened the door, but turned around to look at the boy with a shocked expression, "You're joking."

But, instead of seeing him smile, he held a shocked face as he stared into her home. The girl immediately turned around to see her father standing at the door with an emotionless expression.

Rowan's stomach dropped and her back straightened. The girl was terrified as she watched him stare at her friend. She was going to get her friend killed. This was how they were going to die.

"Rowan, who is this?" His voice was stern and harsh, causing her nerves to bubble up.

Her tone tried to be rough like his, but it didn't even come close, "His name is August; a friend from football."

Cain nodded and walked into the kitchen. Rowan didn't dare move from her spot at the door, her heart thumping in her chest.

"Earth to Rowan, you in there?" Her head spun to see Auggie with furrowed eyebrows, "You good, Row?" The girl swallowed and nodded, still not moving, "You gonna let me in or am I gonna get the tour of outside your house?"

"Right, right." She stepped in and immediately walked toward her bedroom, "Living room, kitchen, follow me."

"I would like to speak to your friend." Rowan froze in her steps. She quickly turned around and met eyes with her father.

"I don't think it's for the best-"

"It's alright, Row." August has no idea what he's talking about, "It's not like he's going to kill me." Are you sure about that?

Rowan just faked a smile at his words, "Alright. I'll be in my room."

August was going to die at the hands of her father. But, he has some training from her, he has a chance. But, against her father? No, he doesn't even have a possibility of surviving. If her father could kill her, he could kill August with one swing.

Rowan walked into her room and closed her door. Without hesitation, she put her ear up to the door, trying to hear the conversation.

"Eros would like you to know that you are doing well and must keep getting closer to her."

What the fuck? What's up with this Eros guy?

August began to speak, "Thank you and I will. She's been thinking of bringing me to the team. From there, I would be able to drive everyone she loved away from her and officially break her to becoming Abaddon."

Abaddon? She was the Abaddon that the panther was talking about?

"Good. We can't have her-" He paused, "Rowan, come on out." The girl froze once again. She couldn't run away this time, they were both teamed up and going to kill her.

She slowly walked out but didn't show an ounce of fear. If she was going down, may as well be confident while doing so, "Father, August, you guys are working together now?"