xlvi. jason

Rowan read the letter in hand in disbelief.

Dear Miss Rowan Blake,

     We request the honor of your presence this evening at The Wayne Manor. We, The Wayne's, are wanting to celebrate the joy of life and bring our community together. 

Please wear the formal wear provided with this letter. This event will be held at the Wayne Manor at precisely six O'clock. 

With all love, 
The Waynes

So, as she looked down at the package on her bed, a heavy weight fell on her chest. The last time she ever went to a ball was with Dick. It was once she finally opened up to him about her past.

Rowan carefully opened up the box, almost gasping at the forest green, satin dress that lay inside. It was spaghetti strap and had an open back. It cascaded to the floor, but a slit in the left leg exposed the dagger strap on her thigh. It was very simple as it drooped a little on her chest, exposing some cleavage. It was simply elegant.

"Holy shit." The girl turned around to meet eyes blue ones, "You look good, Row. Almost makes me miss the blood that once smeared across your face."

"Ha. Ha." Rowan dryly laughed, looking back at herself in the mirror. She had at least six scars across her collarbones, some even before Olympus. But, each one held a memory that she'd never forget.

"Holy shit."

"Will you stop—" She turned around to see Thor staring at her back, "What? What is it?"

Thor stepped forward, gently stretching out a hand to trace something on her back, "When did you get these scars?"

Rowan looked down, almost shy of them, "Olympus. Home." She felt as he traced the largest one that went from the left side of her shoulder, all the way down to her left hip. It was nasty as it was still pink.

That scar came from a Cyclops who seemed to be rather angry. All she remembered was him tearing his sword through her body and a blinding white light evaded her vision. She doesn't really recall what happened next, all she knows is that in a fit of rage, she shoved her sword into his lonely eye.

She felt him step back, his body heat leaving her space. Rowan turned around and looked at the boy. He was wearing a tux that she had forced him into, even if he called it a 'bitch boy' outfit.

"I don't even know why we're going!" Thor complained again, "It'll be no fun."

Rowan sighed as she put on mascara, "There's this boy about two years older than you. You remind me a lot of him."

Thor's eyes widened in curiosity, "Who is he?"

She smiled sadly and turned around to meet his eyes, "His name is Jason. He's sort of like a vigilante, but I don't know if he does it anymore. He was such a cute kid."

"How do I remind you of him?"

"You guy's both don't take shit from nobody." She laughed at a memory, "This one time, my boyfriend at the time wanted to stay in bed, but Jay just jumped right on top of us, smacking him with a pillow until he surrendered." Rowan cleared her throat, the emotion wiping from her face, "Doesn't matter now. You'll see him when we get there."