lx. no mourners

Rowan tapped her finger on her cell, calling out to a guard with a sly grin on her face.

"Hey!" The guard didn't look at her, but she knew he was listening. "How does it feel to know that your wife died at my hands!" Abaddon noticed the way he clenched his jaw, "Oh, how she cried for mercy, but did I listen? No! She deserved what she got—"

"Shut it, you filthy bitch!" He shouted as he stormed over to her cell, his keys on full display that hung from his pocket. 

Rowan tapped the cell once more, causing Thor to walk over to his part of the cell that was the closest to the guard's right side, "She begged for you to help you. Screamed out your name for help, but did you ever listen? No, you sat here like a good little pet as she had her throat ripped out." The guard stepped closer, grabbing her throat through an opening, causing her to let out a strangled laugh.

"You will pay—"

Another guard from the hall, called out, "Hey! Don't do shit until she's in The Pit."

The man in front of her reluctantly let her go, "You got lucky this time."

"Or, is it every time?" She gave him a small smirk as he walked away. But, as he turned the corner, her head spun to Thor who sat in her neighboring cell, "You get it?"

"Yup!" Thor gave her a smile, "Now, I get to watch the fights."

"Careful, you sound almost as crazy as my other neighbor."

Her neighbor was the witch from before—the one with a dead daughter because of Rowan. The old lady had been muttering something for the last couple of days nonstop. But, she was never able to see what she was doing because the old lady was turned the other way where the empty cell sat.

"Abaddon," She looked up to meet a guard, "You're fighting the minotaur today."

"Buchis?" Rowan smirked slightly, "I would love to meet him."

The guard just rolled his eyes, "Let's go."

As they walked toward The Pit opening, she turned to see the old witch. But, if she looked closer, Rowan might've seen the old lady doing a spell that was to move every living being to a new world.

How well that worked out.

Rowan stood outside her father's home, her daggers on her belt. She was finally going to do it. The girl was about to kill her father for what he had done.

The woman didn't bother to knock as she walked straight into her childhood home. It looked exactly the same as when she left it. Stacks of paperwork and bills sat on the kitchen table to her right. To her left was an old couch that looked like bugs lived in it.

"I was wondering when you were gonna show up," Cain Blake said as he walked into the room. He was cleaning a blade with a dirty towel.

Rowan looked him up and down, "You weren't my first priority."

Cain stepped forward, "How was Olympus? I heard you exceeded my expectations."

The girl clenched her jaw in anger, but she refused to have emotions control her judgment, "How was August? I heard you killed him."

"I did what was best for this family—"

"You're the only one part of this family. Everybody else is dead because of you."

Cain clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth, "You're still here, aren't you?"

The was silence for a beat as Rowan took in his words, but she was no longer a child. She grew up into a warrior who had slain thousands for her own survival. So, to have someone who made her into a soldier, not to think of her as such, put quite a damper on her mood.

Just joking, it just made her angrier.

"You'll die by my hand."

Cain spread his arms wide as if to say he wasn't afraid, "Be my guest, Rowan Blake."

With that, she threw her dagger.

The Blake girl stood in the backyard of her childhood house. The new patch of dirt was about seven feet long and six feet deep. She didn't think anybody wanted to keep his memory, so she refused to put any sign or marking that said, 'Rest in peace,' or, 'Here lays my loving father.'

There will be no mourners for a man who will rot in Tartarus for the rest of eternity. 

As Rowan walked away from the newly dug grave, she realized she had to clean the house. So, with a groan, she began. That was until a knock sounded on the door.

She carefully looked through the peephole to find two people she didn't expect. So, Rowan opened the door with furrowed eyebrows.

"Need help?" Roy asked with a smile. Thor stood beside him with an equally large grin.

Rowan looked at the duo with a smirk of her own, "Fuck it. Why not?"

The three walked around with garbage bags in hand, bins sat around the room as music played from a speaker in the kitchen. Rowan threw away a pile of bills and started to twirl to the music, causing Thor to laugh.

"Join in, God of Thunder!" Thor walked over and started to dance with her, laughs following their every move. They were two best friends that had been together through thick and thin, ready to finally settle down. All they had to do was defeat the gods.

When he saw them, Roy walked in, chuckling, "What the hell are you two doing?"

"Dancing!" Thor yelled out through the music. He grabbed the garbage bag and started to clean up the kitchen as he danced along with Rowan, "Join us, Roy!"

So, for the rest of the night and into the morning, the trio danced and laughed away their worries. They were like trees; strong and valiant, still standing through everything they had been put through by the universe. So, as the wind picked up to come help remind them who they were, they danced in the moonlight, forever to be seen, and forever be unforgotten. Their memories were the leaves that fell off the branches, but even on the ground, they made the tree what it was. 

Even after winter came and left, the trees still danced in the moonlight, always to be seen, and always be memorized.

Once the trio was finished with the house, they wandered outside, staring up at the large trees that surrounded her childhood home. The sun was slowly rising from its hiding place, ready to be seen once more. Dawn brought new beginnings and left the darkness behind as it peeked for something to look forward to.

Roy sipped on the beer that he found in the kitchen, "Tomorrow is going to change everything."

Tomorrow was the day that the gods were coming to destroy Earth. 

"But, if it ends horribly or ends great, we'll have each other, right?" Rowan asked, a small smile on her lips.

Roy nodded beside her, "You'll always have me."

The girl smiled at her brother. Then, looked down at her best friend, "O'captain?"

"My captain."