xxvi. chocolate cake with sprinkles

It was Halloween. Rowan's never had the best time during this holiday, as her worst fears always come to life.

And, before you think about Rowan fearing ghouls and a transformer, you're mistaken. Every year on Halloween, her father made her prepare for the goddess Pomona, the goddess of harvest and fruit. People all over would celebrate her for not killing their crops, but even with no crops, they honored her.

The young girl knew she didn't have to do any of her 'family' traditions as she no longer spoke to her father, but it seemed wrong not to. Even with The Gods trying to kill her, she still believed in them and put her faith in them.

Rowan walked toward the Zeta tube to get the supplies before someone called her name. She turned around to find a werewolf Wally, a ghoul M'gann, and a Superboy with toilet paper dangling off him.

"Where you goin'?" M'gann called out with a smile on her face. 

Rowan slowly walked toward the trio, "Halloween's not really my style, Greenie." She looked at the rest of them, "Cool costumes."

"Thanks."

Wally sped over to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "Listen, babe—"

Rowan pushed his arm off, "First, I'm not your babe. Second, don't touch me." She began to answer M'gann's earlier question, "I'm going to prepare."

Superboy finally stood up with an angry expression, "Prepare for what?" That's when Rowan remembered their earlier conversation when she told him everything.

But, because Rowan is angered easily, she grew defensive, "None of your business, Conner."

"It is if it's what I think. You cannot just go out there and think—"

"—Do not tell me what to do!" They were so close that she could almost feel his breath, but she wasn't thinking about that right now, "I've had it with men telling me to think a certain way or act like a lady."

M'gann and Wally looked at each other uneasily, having no idea what they were talking about. The duo looked to their right to find Robin walking in with a calm expression.

"Well, maybe, you need to be told what to do! Because you aren't thinking clearly. You're being selfish!"

Rowan put the finger on his chest, pushing him slightly, "I'm being selfish? Let's talk about how you almost had the entire team killed because you couldn't handle M'gann being hurt. Or, let's talk about your daddy issues and how Superman can't—"

"—Shut up—"

"—even look you in the face without leaving." With no warning, Superboy pushed Rowan away with his strength, successfully knocking her into the wall. The power from her body, made some of the rocks fall off. 

Wally stepped forward, "Hey! Let's calm down."

Rowan and Conner looked at the redhead, "Shut up!"

The girl stood up with a pounding headache. She grabbed her daggers from her belt and was about to attack the boy, but a body blocked her path.

Robin threw his hands up in surrender, "Hey, hey, hey, Rowan." Her gaze was set on the boy behind him who was also glaring at her, "Look at me. Please." She reluctantly did as asked and looked into his domino mask, "Breath in and out with me, okay?" The girl followed his breaths, feeling her tensed muscles begin to relax. Robin grabbed her hand and pulled her in a different direction, "Come on."