Monologue by Nagumo Miyabi (Vol.25)

Nagumo Miyabi POV:

Nagumo: Finally something interesting

I did not have time to come to my senses, how I became the best both in school and in sports.

I did not have time to come to my senses, as those who were not averse to benefiting from acquaintance with me gathered around me.

I hardly made any effort.

Ryuen: Became the best? Who is this Nagumo anyway? Sounds like the name of some clown, kukuku. 

Nagumo: Just wait Kouhai, I'll play with you soon.

We studied alone, studied for the same amount of time, yet I had the power to be ahead of the rest.

And unexpectedly ... this turned out to be an important condition for gaining high popularity.

Popularity is talent. And I've had it since childhood. Of course, I knew that not everyone liked me. I guess I was especially hated by those who tried to compete with me.

Sakayanagi: So that's it, Vice President Nagumo, you consider yourself a true genius from birth. We have similar views

Yamauchi: Popularity is talent!? If so, then I'm the most talented person in this school!All the students looked at Yamauchi as mentally retarded...

But I didn't care. It was enough that the crowds, for good or not, perceived me as everyone's favorite.

I remained popular in elementary school, then in middle school. It was a path without a single hole, but for some reason it was impossible to get rid of the inexplicable discomfort that manifested itself at times.

Discomfort for which there was no reason.

I lived without any inconvenience, and this feeling was the only thing that smoldered in the depths of my soul.

Despite the recognition of the masses, even if they followed me, the discomfort did not disappear. I decided not to bother. Whether I experience it or not, the main thing is that I continue to be the best and most popular.

That's how it should have been.

Kiryuin: Fufu, blond trouble, it seems you just haven't met a worthy opponent, so your ego has skyrocketed.

Nagumo: Hm? Do you want to be my opponent?

Kiryuin: I don't find anything interesting in such boring school confrontations. Don't count on me, Nagumo, you can play with Kiriyama.

However, everything changed when I entered high school. Now it was not possible to close one's eyes to the intense discomfort.

Horikita Manabu. A guy a year older than me also earned the respect of the masses. Only he blinded me more, was smarter, and held firm to his beliefs.

Tachibana: Phew, of course! There is no one better than Horikita-kun in this school! Even the vice president admits it!

Nagumo: I deeply respect the president, he has incredible abilities.

Manabu: "That's quite undeniable. This year, there are a lot of excellent freshmen. In every class there are students with high abilities: Sakayanagi, Katsuragi, Ichinose, Ryuuen, not to mention the depth of Ayanokouji's abilities..."

Then, in the first year, another one appeared - he clearly had a special talent, although somewhat different from Horikita Manabu.

Nagumo: What? A freshman comparable to Horikita Manabu in terms of ability?

Yamauchi: It must be me!

Suzune: It's impossible for anyone to be comparable to brother-san! "Or maybe I'll be able to match him in the future!?"

Manabu threw a quick glance at Ayanokouji.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. An utterly incomprehensible man with a very daring attitude, but with undeniable genuine abilities.

These two were equal to me.

All: Ayanokouji!?!?

Nagumo: Ayanokouji!? Comparable to Horikita-senpai? Was he hiding so many of his abilities?? I hope you agree to play with me, kouhai.

Kiryuin: Fufu, how interesting, Kiyotaka-kun, I expect a lot from you!

Ayanokouji: Don't expect too much from me, Kiryuin-senpai.

Kiryuin: Fuka.

Ayanokouji:....Ok, Fuka... - What a restless sempai.

Class D couldn't believe that an inconspicuous classmate could compete with the best student council president in the school's history. Only a few of them began to understand Ayanokōji's abilities.

Suzune: Ayanokouji, I admit that you're capable, but it's impossible for anyone to be better than my nii-san!

Manabu: Ayanokōji, I hope you don't take my useless sister's words to heart. She sees nothing beyond her incompetence.I am sure that in the confrontation between us, only a loss awaits me.

Ayanokouji: You're exaggerating Horikita-senpai. "I don't understand what his assessment of me is based on, but it seems that in his head my abilities exceed nth of him".

Everyone was surprised by such a high rating from Horikita Manabu.

Sometimes, with an unrelenting feeling of discomfort, I thought. Am I really capable? Or was he a naked king all this time, who was not lucky enough to meet worthy opponents?

I couldn't help thinking.

That was the reason for my discomfort. It turns out that in order to appease him, I need to clarify this point. I have to defeat Ayanokouji and become a truly capable person.

Otherwise...

Katsuragi: Looks like it was a lie about 70-80% of the abilities used. To be on a par with the president and vice president, extraordinary abilities are a prerequisite. We already know about his thought process and excellent knowledge of mathematics. It remains only a mystery how much he hides and how much he is involved in class battles.

Ryuuen: Ayanokouji, you're the one who led the defective class to victory, right?

Miyamoto: Ayanokōji might have some ability, but it was Horikita-san who led us to victory, she's our leader!

Hondo: Yes!

Ryūen: kuku what an idiot.

Matsushita: "Looks like a lot of my classmates don't understand the big picture yet. We need to find a way to get along with Ayanokōji, then reaching Grade A won't be an impossible dream."

________________________________________________________________________________

Author words: 

Made a chapter on SS of the new volume. The revelation of Ayanokōji's power by Vice President Nagumo.

It was interesting?