VOLUME 0: Gummy Bears. Ayanokouji 2 years old.

Ayanokouji POV:

THE COLOR. The color that spread across my field of vision.

The first thing I remember was equally as white.

As the name White Room implies, this facility is based on the color white.

The ceiling is no exception.

I was staring at that white ceiling in my first memory.

Katsuragi: It's a memory of Ayanokōji's childhood. It's amazing that even after so many years you can remember something from infancy.

Manabu: The human brain is designed in such a way that it forgets 40% of the past day's events. This information is not important. It is stored in our hippocampus. With each passing day, these memories are erased. And only those moments that a person can remember even after a dozen years have passed are stored in the cerebral cortex.

Tachibana: Be grateful that Horikita-kun lectured you on anatomy!

Ichinose: Children's first memory must be of their parents...

Matsushita: But in Ayanokouji-kun's case, it's a white world...

Before showing any interest in staring or playing with my fingertips, I simply wondered what this white ceiling was

Day after day, I spent more and more time just staring at that ceiling.

At first, I cried. I cried because I missed people, and then I learned that no one was coming to help me.

All girls: Kyaaya! He is so cute!

Kobashi: Is that okay?! 

Kiryuin: Ha, modern society is strict about this type of thing as morality. in a normal situation, such treatment would be considered cruel, and law enforcement and guardianship authorities immediately entered into the matter. But after the last video, it became clear that neither human nor divine laws apply in this place. We'll have to accept and face what is happening face to face.

Now that I look back on it, it was instinct, not logic.

This is the first thing a newborn baby, who cannot even speak, learns when it accepts its environment.

After that, I realized the existence of my fingers.

I spent all day long looking at, sucking, and licking my little fingers, and nothing else, in the emptiness.

The nourishment necessary for life was brought to us by the cold adults.

This is no different in the case of illness.

The treatment was carried out without hesitation, and daily life returned as if nothing had happened.

No one panicked, no one worried, no one rejoiced.