Yuki's elimination

One of the instructors came in and walked over to the shaking child.

"—Disqualified."

The instructor announced in front of the child... in the same calm tone as usual.

Once again, another student had been disqualified.

The number of remaining fourth-generation students had been reduced to only four, and now one of those seats disappeared.

"Oh no..."

Kobashi: This is crazy! The dropout rate is over 90%.

Amikura: It's that cute girl, Yuuki, why does life take the best from us!?

Yamauchi: Sneeze*

"Rotten apples must be removed. Any hindrance will become a burden to our growth."

I guess they didn't intend to spend any more time on this.

One of the instructors reached for Yuki's arm.

"No... I hate it!"

Brushing away his arm, Yuki rushed towards me while still shaken.

"Kiyotaka, save me! I don't want to disappear!"

Spilling tears, Yuki pleaded for help.

Some girls started to cry from what they saw, which is not surprising, it seems for all the students - Yuki has become a little close lately, so seeing this child disappear can be unbearable for many, but not for everyone.Ayanokouji: ...

Ichinose: Ayanokouji-kun, you need to do something!

Karuizawa: Yes, help her. Kiyotaka, you can do something!

I took one look at the instructor who slowly approached me, but I didn't change my indifferent position.

"It's impossible."

"...!"

"I can't help you. No, I'm not going to."

Amikura: Wh-what? Ayanokouji, what are you saying, how can you just leave your friend like that?

Ayanokouji: And what do you think I should do?

Karuizawa/ Ichinose: Uhhh...

"Please! Next time I'll do my best! Next time!"

"Next? Why didn't you try before that? You know there's no next time."

"Well, that's...!"

If you can't work hard now, you won't be able to work hard next time.

Continuing was impossible, just as there's only one life.

"But still... I can do it, I can do it...!"

Look at what I've achieved up until now. Is that what this is about?

The instructors had me and Yuki surrounded.

"Huuh?"

I signaled to the approaching instructors to stop and turned to Yuki.

"It's true that you've been following the curriculum except for the written exam. However, your grades kept dropping year after year and never seemed to improve. In other words, this is where your limits lie."

Even if she were to be saved and remained, it would be the instructor's decision, not the decision of the kid that wants to be saved. I could only assume that Yuki was making a mistake by hanging onto me like this.