Transfer to class A

"Shiina-chan, what do you think about Ayanokoji?"

"Me?"

"Yes, I'd like to hear your opinion on this matter as well." 

"Hashimoto-kun, I wonder what you want from this conversation."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Keeping track of Ayanokoji-kun's existence—and what you plan to do in the future."

"...You hit the nail on the head."

From that single comment, Hashimoto—who was originally only concerned about her appearances—seemed to have reassessed Shiina.

Hiyori: Oh, me again. In the company of Ayanokōji and class A students. Perhaps you are also into reading? - Hiyori asked with sparkling eyes as if waiting to receive a Christmas present.

Hashimoto: I'm sorry Shiina-chan, I don't think I can meet your expectations, I'm not the best reader, but if you want, I'll be happy to keep you company, you know?

Kamuro: Tch, why don't you just shut up? And why did I even agree to such a meeting?Hirata: Ayanokouji-kun, do you know the class A students?

Ayanokouji: No, not yet. "At the moment, the least information has been shown about class A. In the past 3 months of study, I have not been able to contact anyone from this class in any way."

Kanzaki: No matter how you look at it, a lot of students will suspect Ayanokouji. Shiina from class C and 3 students from class A. But I don't understand why you started talking about him?

Hashimoto: Hmm, who knows, I'm also interested in the answer.

Ryuuen: "Knowing this snake, he will try to get on the good side of this monster"

"What do you mean, Hashimoto?"

Hashimoto remained silent as Kamuro asked, not understanding the meaning behind Shiina's inquiry.

"A little while ago, Kamuro and I were talking about how to graduate from Class A. The most solid way is to build up 20 million for yourself, but that's not easy. Moreover, relying on new systems like the class transfer ticket isn't feasible since their validity is too short."

"That's true."

All: Ticket to transfer to another class?

Manabu: Nagumo, is this your doing?

Nagumo: You're right sempai, isn't that wonderful? Students of high ability may be eligible to climb to the top, while the worst of the worst will be crushed as a result. That's the beauty of meritocracy. If a student is at the top of his field, whether it be academics, physical strength, adaptability, social skills, in this system he will be an elite deserving class A guarantee.

Manabu: With these actions, you are destroying the established school tradition of class struggle. In this case, the lower classes will remain lower, and the class at the top will continue to be highest. 

Nagumo: Apparently you and I don't understand each other.

"It's important to keep an eye on classes that seem to be winning. If you flatter them, they might pick you up. But even if you just do one or two favors for a class, will they pay you 20 million to back you up?"

"Of course not, unless you have a really strict contract."

"That's right. So how do you think we should increase our chances of graduating from Class A? Cooperate with our classmates? Knock down our rivals? No, that's not it."