VOLUME 0: Yuki and Ayanokoji smile moment

By the time I was five years old, the number of children had dwindled even further down to about 50 at one point.

No one cared. There was no time to care.

Here, the only thing they want is our ability.

There was no end.

Ike: Huh? But only a year has passed, how could so many children drop out?

Ichinose: Uh, Ayanokouji-kun, what happens to those who "drop out"?

Ayanokouji: Don't worry, they live.

Ichinose: Phew, so they're fine, and I started to worry..

Ayanokōji: Just because they're alive doesn't mean they're fine, Ichinose...

Suzune: Hm? What do you mean Ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: I think we'll see it soon enough.

No, if there was an end, it was endlessly far away.

Once you falter, you'll never be able to catch up again.

Do you believe this is extraordinary?

I don't. This was everyday life for me.

Kanzaki: But at what point should that end come? Will it end at a certain age of the children or on the arrival of an approved date?

Ayanokouji: There are no dates at this stage. Now the main thing is to find out how far children can go in learning immersed in this environment, perhaps in a few years this will change.

One day, when the number of people in the group had already decreased considerably, we had dinner together.

The meal was being served with everyone present. During the meal, the instructor left the table and the children were left alone. However, we've never had a direct conversation.

Miyamoto: How is that possible?

Hondo: I can barely stop myself from talking to my seatmate during class and they don't even think to start a conversation?

Kamuro: Hmm, shouldn't kids at this age be more active and show their emotions? It is not normal.

Arisu: There's nothing you can do. As soon as you are not lucky enough to be in this place, the concept of normality, norms or even morality ceases to exist.

The whole time, I've only heard their voices through the instructor.

Why don't we talk to each other?

It wasn't forbidden by the instructors.

We just didn't have conversations because there wasn't a need to talk in the first place.

We knew each other's names through the instructors, we knew how good each one was in their studies, and we knew how athletic each of us was. All of our inner abilities were laid bare.

Katsuragi: Even if it's like this. This lack of social interaction approach can face many negative consequences for one's physical and mental health.

Social isolation can lead to feelings of loneliness, depression and anxiety. A person may begin to experience anxiety, distrust, fear of other people, and also become more prone to stress. Prolonged time without contact with other people can also lead to a deterioration in memory, attention and mental performance.

And although these children are not in absolute isolation due to the presence of adults and the possibility of physical contact with others, this cannot bypass the consequences.