Volume 0: Swim Training

Inside the White Room, there were rooms dedicated to various curricula.

One of them was a heated swimming pool where one could swim all year round.

Komiya: Wow, look at that pool, it's huge!

Kanzaki: This place must have huge funding, so it's not surprising. Our school has the same one.

Manabu: However, the school is funded by the government, on the contrary, this place receives money from the pockets of investors.

Swimming was considered to play a very important role in developing physical skills.

Swimming was also ideal for children's immature bodies because of its low impact on the body itself. The time spent in contact with the water was valuable for the children to relieve stress.

Katsuragi: Besides that, I'm sure that swimming skills will become extremely necessary in an emergency. According to studies conducted in Japan, the percentage of people who can swim is quite high - about 90% of the population. This is because swimming in Japan is a compulsory subject in the school curriculum and is held in many public pools and resorts.

Hashimoto: I'm sure there are only a few idiots out there who can't swim.

Yahiko: Hey! Watch your language!

Hashimoto: Oh, we found him, haha.

Swimming was taught for two hours at a time, with a 30-minute lesson at the beginning, a 10-minute break afterward, and 30 minutes of competitive swimming with races and target times.

After that, the children were given 30 minutes of free time.

They could swim in the water or take a break.

I always made it a habit to spend the remaining 30 minutes by the pool, observing the children.

Matsushita: It reminded me, in all our swimming lessons you also sit on the sidelines and watch our classmates, is there a specific reason for that?

Ike: Maybe all he does is stare at the boobs of the girls in our class?!

Satou: Damn pervert, aren't you doing this all the time during swimming lessons?

Ayanokouji: It's because of my low social skills, I find it hard to just walk up to others and start interacting with them.

Ryuuen: Ha, stop lying. You must be analyzing their every move and looking for opportunities to exploit them further.

Ayanokouji: You think too much. "How did he get it???"

"I knew I'd find you here. You set a new record again today."

"I haven't reached the time that the instructor set yet."

Suzune: What? Do you really think that at that age you can beat the time of an adult trained person?

Ayanokouji: I just set the bar high for myself so I know what to aim for. You seem to be doing something similar, aren't you Brocon?

Suzune: ...

Shibata: I wonder how fast Ayanokouji is? Hey, what time does it show in your swim class?

Onodera: Umm, that's usually the average time among boys...

Shibata: Ah, so he's holding back there too.

Yamauchi: It's good for them that I wasn't there, because I was the swimming champion of all schools! They even tried to invite me to several famous world clubs!