//Alagaës's Past\\

For decamillenniums, the Ancient Being has taken care of the sacred forests within Alagaës. The forests were often sought out by greedy creatures that wished to harvest the mythical power thats was said to be within the trees that grew there. The trees of the sacred forests held sap that was said to make any who consumed it much more powerful, though getting it came with great risk, so little to none have ever confirmed the rumor.

There was a little truth to the rumor, as the sap did quicken the healing abilities of the consumer, but becoming more powerful from consumption was a complete farce. Rather than the sap, the oxygen the trees produced was much more valuable. The oxygen produced from these sacred trees greatly effected the growth of all creatures that grew there, though there weren't many for the baby dragons that roamed there.

The dragons began to leave their eggs in the care of the Ancient Being starting five-thousand years ago once they discovered the effect of the sacred trees. The Ancient Being did not mind, as it gave him something to do other than wandering the forest aimlessly or shooing off the greedy creatures that gathered like flies.

What the Ancient Being didn't realize was how rowdy newly hatched dragons could be. He consistently had to put out small ranged forest fires caused by the five-six month old hatchling that discovered their ability of fire breath.

The Ancient Being found it funny with the first generations of the sacred-born dragons as their fire abilities were comical and caused them to flip over and squeak in surprise. But the later generations of the dragons developed stronger abilities that could set the sacred forests on fire.

Although they has stronger abilities of fire, their bodies were still frail, so the backlash of being lapped by the fires they caused in the forests hurt both them, and other creatures that resided within the sacred land. The Ancient Being had enough with his precious lands being scorched and moved the dragons, both hatched and in eggs, underground in a large cave system within the sacred forests.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
-GREAT DRAGON DOWNFALL-
-ALAGAËS WAR-

[The Great Dragon Downfall occurred with the appearance of humans a few thousand years after the move of the dragon nesting grounds.]

[The Alagaës War happened starting from the Great Dragon Downfall between the Human-Dwarf alliance and the Dragon-Elf alliance.]

The appearance of dragons going to collect their offspring began to lessen drastically, leaving the Ancient Being to raise and teach young dragons the basics their parents would've. The Ancient Being had no way to leave the sacred forests to find out why, as he was connected to it as duty of the Guardian.

He began to spend more time at the underground nesting site rather than his forest to care for the younger dragons, though he still had the older and more competent ones he raised guarding the borders. He sent the more swift dragons out to learn what had happened to the parents a few hundred years after their disappearance.

For a few decades, he only got little information. Some being the activities of the dwarves, whom he had just learned lived in the mountains that towered far off in the distance, and the humans that arrived a few hundred years ago.

The Ancient Being allowed the lighter and quicker dragons to continue to go out and observe the humans. He grew interested in their race and strange customs with time, often finding himself wishing to meet one.

His thoughts continued on for years, though he was never ignorant of his duties. His curiosity grew with each passing decade, and so did the sacred forests. The sacred trees began to spread their roots far and wide, heading closer to the humans every few years due to the Ancient Beings curiosity.