¤Chapter 14 | Trouble¤

.
.
.
.
.
.
"Cool.." The human boy looked at the statues ahead of them.

"Wow, so this is Mainstreet, huh? This is incredible! I didn't get to see much of it yesterday." Grim admired the statues, looking at each and every one of them. The horned man walked up to the statue of a woman with horns holding a staff.

"..Interesting." Was all Y/N said as he looked up at the woman. He'd gotten distracted by the woman's beautiful horns, so he failed to notice a fluffy orange approaching his two companions.

"What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." Grim turned around completely, getting a full view of them all before walking up to a large lady with a crown.

"Ya say that as if your own face ain't scary. And I've gotta wake up to it every mornin' now." Yuu commented as he followed behind the beast, genuinely curious aswell.

"Aren't you a rude hench-human? Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." Grim pointed at her.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" A teenage boy with orange hair and eyes walked over to the two. The human boy froze and stared at the other boy.

"So this is what human boys are like..?" Yuu questioned as he looked at the fluffy orange. He's only met elves, dragons, and half-races. Not once a human, alive atleast.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim asked. Yuu payed attention aswell, unlike his usual self. It was less from the interest in the statue and more the childish interest in the other boy.

"She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldier being out of step." The fluffy orange explained, noticing the twinkling interest in the other boy's eyes.

"She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" The fluffy orange exclaimed rather proudly at the end, startling both Grim and Yuu. The story was interesting, but the human boy found the fluffy oranges behavior odd.

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim yowled, Yuu nodding his head in agreement, face full of bewilderment.

"Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen who was kind all the time?" The fluffy orange noted, a large grin across his face.

"Yes, but a tyrant will be kill without remorse." A voice added on, a shadow covering the fluffy oranges back. The horned man had listened to the later half of the story, and had an immediate negative opinion of the fluffy orange.

"Gah! Where did you come from, dude?!" The fluffy orange quickly spun around, staring up at the horned man behind him. The glare on the taller man's face wasn't helping to calm down his shock.

"I've been here before you, little peach." Y/N looked down on the boy who Yuu had shown such an interest in earlier.