☆Part 3 | Newcomer☆

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hubyr."
"Yes..?"
"Why do you have a child?"
"Oh. Well.. You see-"

Hubyr had arrived to the tree house some time after the horned man did. The others didn't find that strange since they simply thought the dragon wanted to double check the forests.

They certainly did not expect for the dragon to come back with a human child covered in dirt and bruises. Syviis was the first to find out, telling Haldir that Hubyr kidnapped a human child.

Haldir, knowing the horned man's distaste in humans, had went to check out the nonsense his sister had told him. He didn't expect it to be true though.

"So that's what happened.. ahaha" Hubyr laughed dryly, averting his eyes from the elf's cold glare. Haldir reached out to take the child from the dragons arms, only to be denied.

Hubyr had stepped back and held that child closer to his chest after seeing the elf reach out to take the child. "Hubyr, you know Sir's dislike for humans. It cannot stay here." Haldir frowned, trying to take the child from him again.

"Sir said it can stay!" Hubyr shouted.

"..What?"

"It's true! Sir said it can stay as long as it doesn't go to his quarters!"

"Are you sure you're not sick, Hubyr? Did you perhaps hit your head? Maybe you heard Sir wrong.."

"I am not sick, I did not hit my head, and I certainly did NOT hear Sir wrong!" Hubyr declined each accusation, the child and himself now hidden within his large wings. Haldir had tried to take the child with each suggestion, causing the dragon to retreat with the child.

"This.. Sir really is letting it stay here then?" Haldir asked only to be met with the dragon nodding his head furiously. Haldir shook his head and turned around.

"I'll get Syviis so she can make some new clothes for it. You wash it and once it is clean and dressed, bring it to the dining room." Haldir informed than ordered. He walked with a quick pace and a stressed look on his face.

"Haa.. That was scarier than waking up Sir. Well then, guess I aught to get you washed up." Hubyr walked down the halls to the lower floors of the tree house.

He stopped once he came across the large guest wash room. Shifting the child into one arm, he opened the door with his now free hand. The door swung open to reveal an extraordinary wash room that seemed top notch, even if it was for guests.

The child had woken up during the interrogation between the elf and dragon. During the walk down, Hubyr explained to the child that he would be taking care of him. The child easily accepted that without fuss, too tired to protest anyways.

"There we go. Sit there for a while and I'll warm up the bath for you." Hubyr set the child on the empty wooden counter. Since there weren't usually guests, there was only the basic washing needs, nothing extra.

The child watched as the dragon kneeled down beside the large bath and turned the handle that sat on the far side of the tub. Water began to pour out of a hole on the side of the tub and slowly filled it.