𓄂Chapter 29 | Accidents𓄂

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Man... If I can't be in the Spelldrive tournament, then what's even the point anymore?" Grim whined. He was sitting in Y/N's arms, letting the tall man console him with pets.

"You still ain't over that?" Yuu huffed, shaking his head. Grim shot him an irritated look.

"What's wrong, Grimmy? Something got ya down?" The medium ghost (..Did I ever give them names?) appeared infront of the three, only startling Grim.

"He's sulking because he can't play in the Spelldrive tournament." The largest ghost told the other, poking the beast.

"If you wanna play Spelldrive that badly, why, we can play with ya!" The skinniest ghost made exaggerated movements, proudly pointing at himself. "I was the team captain ninety years ago, y'know. The girls in the stands couldn't get enough of me!"

"I don't doubt it, Mr. Number 3! You're really nice." Yuu smiled at the ghost, referring back to when he helped the boy adjust to the new situation. The ghost put a hand over his chest, the other going to his forehead and acted as though he'd fainted.

"Yeah, but wouldn't we need seven people?" Grim had a flat face, his arms crossed as he looked at the ghosts.

"It's not a real match, so who cares? Let's just play!" The medium ghost shrugged it off with a laugh.

"Ah. I freshened up the yard yesterday, so don't tear it up." Y/N let the beast jump out of his arms, moving to stand and follow them.

"Are you going to be joining us, Y/N?" The largest ghost looked back at the tall man when they got to the yard.

"Mm. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious." Y/N scratched his cheek and shifted his gaze, feeling a bit bashful. Yuu grinned and pushed on his back and towards the four standing a bit aways.

"Go play, Y/N!" Yuu laughed and placed his hands on his hips when they arrived to the others.

"Then you'll be our ref, little Yuu!" The skinniest ghost watched as the boy rocked back on his heels with a smile.

...

"Don't sweat all the rules or particulars for now. Just control the disc and lob it right into the goal." The skinniest ghost informed. He and the other two ghosts were facing off against Grim and Y/N.

"Right..!" Y/N nodded, looking uncharacteristically determined.

"No problem! You ghosts are gonna eat my dust!" Grim cheered, his magic hovering the disc above his head.

"Mind you, the disc carrier should expect some magical interference! Hehe!" The largest ghost laughed, sending shivered down Grim's spine.

"Ready... Set..." The medium ghost started off, looking over to Yuu, who stood safely to the side.

"..PLAY!" Yuu shouted, officially starting the game.