¤Chapter 17 | Enrollment¤

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"H-hey, monster! I'm, uh... I-I'm over here!" Grim shouted a little away from the entrance from the mine, his voice echoing down the tunnel. And being as loud as he is, the monster heard it.

"Grrraaawrrr! BEGOOOOONE!" The monster roared as it stumbled out of the cave and towards Grim, completely missing the one hiding behind the roots of the tree growing above.

"He's comin' our way! Yuu!" Grim called out for his hench-human was stationed farther away from him but still relatively close.

"Over here, ya' ugly Groal!" Yuu waved his hand, sticking his tongue out mockingly at the monster.

"Grrurgh? Thieeef this is waaay tooooo... Neeevvva giiive stooones! Neeevvvaaa!" The monster quickly went after Yuu, slamming it's pickaxe on the ground where the human was standing a moment ago.

"Eep! If it lands one of those punches, we're toast!" Grim was baffled once the pickaxe had cracked the ground. Yuu stood in his new spot, looking at the monsters strength in admiration.

"Whoa... Your almost as strong as a Groal! Awesome!" Yuu complimented the monster.

"This ain't the time, Yuu!" Grim deadpanned.

"Right- life or death situation. Let's lure him away from the cave as far as possible!" Yuu retreated more, the monster following. The one behind the cave quickly jumped down, entering as the monster left.

"Begooone! BEGOOOOONE!"

...

"We got him a good distance away from the mine!" Grim shouted to Ace.

"You bet. I got this! One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!" Ace casted a large-scale spell, though oddly enough, there seemed to be (f/c) particles mixed in. Grim followed.

"With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire! MYAAAH!" Grim's fire was quickly caught up by Ace's wind spell, creating what looked like a mini blue tornado. Yuu awed at the sight as the monster roared.

"Grrraaahhh?!"

...

"How's that taste?! With my winds fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno!" Ace laughed, ignoring the angry look Grim gave him. Yuu deadpanned. They could create such a pretty sight with such rotten personality?

"Whaddaya mean 'feeble'?! Ya really don't know how to shut yer mouth, do ya?" Grim grumbled, folding his arm and stamping on Ace's foot.

"Haa... Nows our chance to help Doggy, so shut yer traps." Yuu shook his head, looking at Deuce who stood afar.

...

"Just stay calm, aim carefully... and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of... Get 'em, cauldron!" Deuce waved his pen, also earning the monsters attention with his shouted.

"Gwaaah?!" The monster roared, being crushed by the cauldron similar to how Ace was earlier.

"Nailed it! The plan's workin'! Look, Yuu! That monster got smashed flat by a falling cauldron, just like Ace did!" Grim pointed at the monster, cackling as he brought up the earlier incident.