¤Chapter 12 | No way home¤

I just realized I put Chapter and not Part for the last title. Guess we're gonna stick to that.
‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Dire Crowley." The horned man called out for the headmage. The walk to the library was taking longer than before as they didn't cut through the courtyard this time around.

"Yes? What is it Mr... Pardon, but I don't think I ever got your name?" Dire Crowley looked back at the taller man. The human, who had been oddly quiet, was being held by the horned man. Dead asleep.

"Just call me Sir. If we perhaps have to stay on.. school grounds.. do you happen to have a large garden? Or even a small forest would do." Y/N shifted the shorter in his arms, now holding him akin to a newborn. It was rather wholesome, but the glare the horned man was giving Dire Crowley broke that atmosphere.

"Ahem.. I truly doubt that I'll be unable to find you two a way home but.. Night Raven does have a large botanical garden." Dire Crowley informed the taller man easily. The reason for the glare was simply because he, the head mage, had upset the human boy earlier. And with the horned man holding the boy, he wasn't in any immediate danger.

"Thats alright then. I'd like to visit some time if we can't go home." The horned man nodded before looking down at Yuu, who slept in his arms peacefully. He paused his walking for a moment and called for Dire Crowley.

"What is it-?"

"Hold him for a moment."

"Huh-" Dire Crowley was then delicately passed the sleeping child. Y/N, with his arms now free, removed his robe and wrapped it around the boy. The horned man took the human back and simply motioned for Dire Crowley to continue walking.

"..You truly cherish that child?" He asked, looking at the duo. The walk was suffocating without any small talk.

"I think I do. I dislike the idea of him getting hurt and leaving me behind." Y/N held Yuu closer to his chest while looking at him with a blank gaze. He understood his emotions well, but there was always something bothering him. An emotion he couldn't pin down, though it wasn't love though more of an indescribable liking? Yuu could probably tell him if he knew.

"Yes, I do suppose it would hurt to be left behind by one close to you.." Dire Crowley looked at the two understandingly. He's been alive longer than a human he was fond of aswell.

"I do not intend to let that happen." The horned man looked ahead of them, noticing the library coming to view. He pointed it out and Dire Crowley quickened his pace.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Just as I'd suspected. Nothing. Your homeland is not listed on any map from any point in history." Dire Crowley sighed and put down a large book.

"Now, are you QUITE sure that you come from such a place? That wasn't some sort of lie, or jape? Because if so, the only explanation is that you've come from another planet. Or perhaps you were summoned here from another dimension?" Dire Crowley looked at the duo. The human boy had woken up but simply stayed in the horned man's arms. The horned man found a comfortable cushioned chair to sit on with Yuu in his arms.