𓄂Chapter 33 | Culprit𓄂

.
.
.
.
.
.

"What's is gonna be this time?" Yuu squinted as he opened his eyes in yet another lucid dream.

Looking around, he saw stones jutting out of the ground around him, making a large, dark cave. The stone was illuminated with a yellowish hue.

Turning around for a bit, Yuu finally saw some figures collecting together in his view. The figures gathered around an ledge that stuck out from the caves walls.

Yuu followed one of the creatures he saw, which walked on all fours and resembles hyenas, though there were no detailed features. They simply looked like four-legged blobs vaguely shaped like animals moving around.

After following behind one of those blobs for a while, Yuu finally got close enough to the ledge to see why they were gathering around it.

"A lion, again.. He looks creepy though." Yuu grumbled as he stared up at lion sitting on the rock.

It had a black mane and dark fur, along with a black fur tuft on the end of its tail. It's snout was a lighter color and one of its eyes had a scar across it. The lion was also rather skinny compared to the lions of the last dream, aswell.

"The world is about to be turned upside down. A shining new Era is near." The lion spoke.

"..It can talk. Of course it can talk." Yuu rubbed his face with his hand as he glanced up at the lion.

A hyena beside him spoke up, it's features now able to be seen.

"And where do we fit in?"

"Just listen. We're going to take out Mufasa AND his son. And then I will be king!"

"What delusional..?" Yuus mouth hung agape as cheers from the hyena blobs rose up around him.

"All right! Long live the king!" The first hyena to shout also had details rather than simply being a blob.

"Long live the king!" The other hyenas chorused.

"I've fangs and courage that none can match. So be prepared!"

"No..? What? Why is everyones solution to kill someone?" Yuu felt his lucid consciousness fade away as his physical self woke up reflexively upon the ending of the dream.

Yuu sat up and rubbed his eyes, the light that could peek through the boarded up windows partially blinding him.

"Oh? It seems you've gotten up on your own, Child Yuu." Y/N looked down at the boy while holding a tray of food in his hands.

"Awh, too bad. Ya should've stayed asleep, Yuu! Then I could've eaten your breakfast."

Grim jumped up onto the bed next to Yuu, who took the outstretched tray from Y/N and placed it onto his lap.