¤Chapter 16 | Monster!¤

.
.
.
.
.
.
"So this is Dwarfs' Mine... Long ago, this mine was flush with magestones." Deuce was the first of the five to speak once arriving. Yuu stared at him for a moment before going to stand next to him.

"Urgh... Who knows what lurks in there now?" Grim groaned, watching his hench-human. The horned man watched aswell but dismissed it. The blueberry would be much of a rival for Yuu's attention.

"Perhaps some scary beast? This world is rather peculiar, so it wouldn't be of surprise." Y/N shrugged. Ace looked at him for a moment before rubbing the back of his head.

"Er- About earlier, with the chandelier.." Ace began, but wasn't sure how to continue.

"Don't worry about it, little peach. It would have been troublesome for Child Yuu if you'd gotten hurt." The horned man dismissed it. That upset the orange-haired freshman.

"You literally had glass stabbed into your back, man. How can I not worry about it?.. Actually, are you okay?" Ace realized the taller man never actually went to get any treatment earlier. He simply stood and went along with the group.

"He's fine, fluffy orange. He heals alot faster than humans like us." Yuu spoke up from his spot beside Deuce, startling the blue haired boy. He hadn't even noticed the magicless boy walk over to him.

"Is he a fae of some sort, then?" Deuce asked, looking at the horns on the taller man's head. That only upset the man.

"I am no fae, little Blueberry." Y/N crossed his arms with a sigh. Deuce simply nodded, not noticing the man's irritation.

"Look, I can sre a house. Let's see what the people there have to say." Ace pointed ahead of them to a small cottage.

"It's probably abandoned, fluffy orange." Yuu deadpanned as he looked at the boy.

"Never know if we don't go find out." Ace shrugged.

...

"Hellooo? Is anyone home...? Must be empty. Guess I was abandoned." Deuce knocked on the old door before opening it. The interior of the cottage was a mess and covered in cobwebs and dust.

"Bwah! I got a spiderweb on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!" Grim desperately wiped his face with his paws. Y/N kneeled down and helped the beast and Ace looked at the furniture.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here? One, two... Seven! It's like a clown car in here." Ace clearly missed out on the 'Dwarfs' part of the Mine.

"Little Peach, think of the name of the Mine. Doesn't that make more sense?" The horned man watched Yuu move to the back of the cottage, rummaging around.

"Ah- Yeah, I guess I see how that makes sense." He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

"When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place." Deuce ran a gloved hand across the top if the dusty fire place, looking at the place in pity.