☆Part 8 | Sick☆

Ahaha.. so.. it's been about a month since I updated? Sorry bout that, friends. Had a terrible mental breakdown and stress of state testing didn't help either.
I'll try doing my best but motivation might not help me here.

There'll be some different things in this chapter than others probably. Like the way thoughts are portrayed with the bold words 'n stuff. I don't remember most of my book but I don't wanna have to read it all either.
------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.
.
.
Harsh yet somehow weak coughing echoed throughout a large, intricately made room. The source of the noise came from a ball under golden-orange silky sheets from a large king-sized bed.

The ball shook with each cough that resonated from the one under those sheets. It sounded rather pitiful, really.

"Dammit!-" *cough*

The one hidden cursed, unconsiously throwing the sheets off of themself due to a rather heavy cough that made them fold over. Long hair pooled around the owner of the sounds, slender hands gripping at their own beings throat.

...

The child was sick for a week or so, though rather than getting better, it only got worse. In the beginning, it was only a few coughs and sneezes until it was just harsh coughing that tore at their throat.

The harsh coughing was also accompanied by an uncomfortable amount of sweat from the difficulty their body was going through to get better. Truly pitiful.

"..Extremely pitiful." A low voice sounded through the rooms beneath the coughing that came from the child.

The child still gripped at their burning throat as they continued coughing, not even hearing the voice that came from the door of their room.

...

The coughing lessened but the child still held their throat, breathing haggard breathes as their lungs caught up to the pace of their heart.

A tall shadow with winding horns slowly approached the child's bed. They, now noticing the addition presence in their room, went to look up at the being now infront of them.

*pat*

A hand was placed on the child's raising head. They followed the hand up the arm, to the shoulder, then to the face of the one who controlled the hand. Their breath hitched momentarily before they grinned and greeted the one infront of them.

"Hi'ya, doggy." They chuckled at their own words, coughing in between laughs.

"Why're ya here? Usually doggy only meets me at the pond." The child asked and they were moved to lay down on the bed, courtesy of the horned man.

"..You had not come to visit for a moment, so I took it upon myself to see you." The horned man grumbled as he pushed the child back onto the bed, placing the back of his hand on their forehead.

"Aha- So you missed me, doggy?" The child's smile brightened as they grabbed the man's hand that was against their forehead.

"Not particularly.. just the brief moment of entertainment you bring."

*cough cough*