♡Chapter 24 | Unbirthday♡

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Another dream..?" Yuu looked around, back in the black and white world.

"For painting my roses red, someone will lose his head!" A large woman with black wearing a black and red checkered dress and a crown rhymed, raising a rosebush into the air.

"..Damn, she's strong." Yuu sweatdropped as he watched the scene. The little girl and the cards from before were bowing before the woman.

"Y-your Majesty, if anyone's to blame, it's him!" The Three of Clubs pointed at the Two of Clubs desperately, despite being the one holding a red brush.

"Have mercy, Your Grace. It was the Ace!" The Two of Clubs pointed at the Ace of Clubs, who had a paint bucket on his head and paint dripping down his card body.

"So it was YOU." The Queen of Hearts stepped closer to the Ace of Clubs.

"Gah, no, it was the Two!" The Ace of Clubs denied, switching the blame back to the Two of Clubs.

"Then he will pay." The Queen of Hearts moved to the Two of Clubs.

"It was the Three, I say!" The Two of Clubs changed his target of blame to the Three of Clubs, enraging the woman.

"Enough of this. Off with ALL their heads!" The Queen of Hearts ordered, red Heart soldiers marching to grab the black Clubs.

"Oooooooh! Yaaaaay!" The red Hearts all shouted as they watched the black Clubs being dragged away.

"Heeheehee." The Queen of Hearts snickered as the red soldiers cheered for her decision.

"A fitting end. Color, you can't mend." A Two of Diamonds said.

"Everyone knows the roses should be red." A Three of Spades added.

"..That just seems unfair. But it's kinda familiar?" Yuu sighed as his vision started darkening.

...

"Honestly.." Yuu whispered to himself, feeling someone shaking his shoulder.

"Yuu, wake up. The unbirthday party is today. If we're late, well, you know..." Deuce looked down at the boy. His usual doe-eyes were instead sharp, but his face brightened upon seeing the blue haired boy.

"..Right. Thanks, Little Berry!" Yuu smiled at Deuce, sitting up. He'd forgotten they had a sleepover in the lounge.

*knock knock*

"Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor." The two of them watched Y/N go to get the door. The horned man came back with Cater following behind him.

"Good mooorning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?" Cater waved to the group. Clean mattresses were strewn across the floor.