𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐨𝐡 𝐧𝐨!

warning:
Non consensual thigh touching

warning: Non consensual thigh touching

*:・゚✧*:・゚

...

FELICITY FLETCHER (singer): I was nine when I knew I wanted to be a singer.

...

Nine year-old Felicity Fletcher stands in the middle of the large stage, lights beaming down on her. The crowd of people stared up at her with anticipation. Felicity stared back at them, the microphone clutched tightly in her hands. She found her parents' eyes in the crowd, looking for a sense of reassurance from them, however she didn't get that, she didn't even get a smile, they simply watched like everyone else.

Once the music started, Felicity froze. In that split second where the room went from complete silence to the sound of the music echoing around it, the young girl forgot the lyrics to the song. The moment Felicity was meant to start singing, she stayed silent. Mumbled from the crowd surrounding her.

The girl's bottom lip wavered before she ran from the stage, her face flushed. The other kids from the talent show simply watched her as she tried her best to conceal her tears.

"Felicity, it's okay." Her teacher, Miss Reyne, tried to console her. Felicity hugged her teacher and finally let the tears flow until her parents came backstage to take her home.

In the car, Felicity stared out the window, the events of the afternoon replaying in her head. She hated that she froze up, she hated that she forgot the words, and she hated that her parents didn't care.

"Felicity, honey, it's not the end of the world," Her mother said, "Maybe being in the limelight isn't for you."

"I want to be a singer." Felicity finally spoke for the first time since getting into the car.

"But today didn't go so well, did it?" Her mother said, her voice dripping with a condescending tone, "You should put your efforts into something sustainable."

"I want to be a singer." Felicity said again.

"Let's be realistic here Felicity." Her father spoke up.

"I'm going to be a singer." Felicity mumbled and continued to stare out the window.

...

FELICITY FLETCHER: That talent show was a disaster. [laughs] But I wanted to prove my parents wrong. And that's exactly what I did.

...

As the last note fell past Felicity's lips, the room erupted into claps and cheers. The girl took in the applause and closed her eyes briefly, imagining she were in a stadium packed with thousands of people instead of the thirty that inhabited the room. She imagined people cheering her name, banners lifted into the air with her name written across with big bold letters. She imagined the praise of it all. Opening her eyes again, she was brought back to reality, the small crowd was enough for now.

"Thank you all!" Felicity said into the microphone before placing the guitar back down on the stand.

Heading off the stage and into the crowd, she walked over to the bar, a drink already waiting for her. The venue wasn't large and she wasn't even getting paid but it was enough for Felicity at the moment. She got to perform in front of people and they loved her voice and music. Everything she was doing was proving her parents wrong.

"You were great up there."

Felicity turned to her left and was greeted with a man. From first glances he appeared to be like nearly every other man she had come across before, only interested in sex. Of course Felicity would normally be after the same thing but with people like this man, they were only ever interested in getting off themselves never the other person.

"I know I was." Felicity responded, finishing her drink.

"David." the man said, introducing himself. He moved his hand so it lightly brushed against Felicity's thigh. When she didn't react, he moved it higher.

"David," Felicity repeated, leaning in, her voice low. She moved her hand so it gripped his tightly, "Fuck off."

Felicity threw his hand back before rising to her feet.

"Come on, don't be like that." David said, reaching out for Felicity.

Impulsive, Felicity reached her hand out and grabbed her drink and poured it over David's head, "Here's your drink back."

"You bitch!" David exclaimed.

Felicity flipped him off before she hurried out of the front doors of McNasites and out into the fresh air. Once the cool night air hit her face, she let out a sigh of relief. Felicity had encountered men like David countless times before but that didn't mean it never affected her.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked from beside her.

"I'm fine," Felicity replied without a glance at the person, "Sorry, I've gotta go."

Felicity continued down the street, her feet taking her to her apartment. The girl moved out of her parents three years ago, moving into a small apartment with two other girls she barely knew, she still barely knew them three years later. When she was in the safety of her room she collapsed on her bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"I hate men." She sighed.

...

INTERVIEWER: Tell me about Felicity Fletcher.

WARREN ROJAS (drummer): I didn't even realise it was Felicity I met that night. The interaction was quick and I was high out of my mind. But she became one of my closest friends.

KAREN SIRKO (keyboardist): There is nothing bad I can say about her. She was something else.

GRAHAM DUNNE (lead guitarist): Incredibly talented is the first thing that comes to mind. Other than that, she was fierce and loyal and, other than Daisy, one of the only people to stand up to Billy.

BILLY DUNNE (lead singer): Felicity had talent, there was no denying that but she often underestimated herself.

EDDIE ROUNDTREE (bassist): [smiling] What do you want to know?

• First chapter is done! All other chapter from now on will be a bit longer and have a lot more content in them but this was more of an introductory chapter to Felicity

• If there is anything that is particularly triggering for anyone I will leave a warning at the very start of the chapter.

• I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter.