𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑

Felicity Fletcher Reveals All About Her Personal Life and Career

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Felicity Fletcher Reveals All About Her Personal Life and Career.
Interviewer: Marcus Turton

You were born in England, correct?

I was but I only lived there for the first two years of my life. My father was from Manchester and my mother was from Los Angeles and we moved here when I just turned two. I don't remember much of England but I do like to go back there occasionally.

You revealed in an interview back in '89 that your parents didn't support your career choice.

They didn't, they wanted me to focus on a sustainable career path. After I moved out of their house, I didn't have much contact with them. I'd only see them maybe a couple of times a year. They were never supportive, I never even got a phone call when my first single was released. Over time I didn't let it bother me, they were living their life, I was living mine and my life had turned out great.

Speaking of your first single, how was your reaction to that? You were only twenty-three when that single was released. How did it affect your life?

It affected my life in a big way. For example, I never had any money to spare I was working at a record store and barely made enough money to cover my  rent. It was definitely a big change. Hearing my voice on the radio was something I always wanted to hear, it was something I had been working towards since I was a kid.
The people I was living with at the time were all supportive of me, they became my family when I didn't have one of my own. I got sick of my song one time because of how many times it was played in my house.

Did you have the same reaction to your second single?

I think my reaction was different. That point in my life was a very confusing time, I was out partying ever night, taking drugs, drinking. So it didn't really sink in that I had another number 1 song on the radio. I never really told the people closest to me, I let them hear the song for the first time on the radio.

You say confusing time? Would you care to elaborate on that?

I think that everyone will get their answers soon enough.

Your singles were released in 1974 and 1975, why did it take you three years to release an album when the demand for it was so high?

Like the previous question, you as well as millions of people will get answers very soon. But what I will say now is creative differences. I had a whole plan laid out, I had songs for my whole album written but it just wasn't the right time to release it with everything else going on.

Let's talk more about your personal life. So you were married in 1983?

Yes, my husband and I got engaged in the March and we married in the December. It was only a small wedding with only close family and friends in attendance.

Those photos from the wedding were leaked to the tabloids, how did you feel about that?

At the time I was pissed, we kept it so hidden from the public and there was only one photographer that we hired attending the wedding. I've gotten over it over the years though. While we planned the wedding, there we made sure not to tell anyone at out places of work but because we are both in the public eye so much and there was going to be a leak to the press at some point.

Your children, how have they adapted to what you and your husband do? How has it affected their lives.

My children are eleven and thirteen now and they both understand fully what me and their father do. We try to keep them out of the public eye as much as possible. Myself and my husband chose to be in the public eye, they didn't and it's their choice if they choose a career path that leads them to the same things me and their father has.
When my son was around four or five he didn't understand why so many people were coming up to me and my husband asking for autographs or asking questions and taking photos but, he's thirteen now, he's grown to understand and he loves what me and my husband do, he's gotten to meet a lot of famous people through it which I'm pretty sure he bragged about at his school. He's going to hate me saying that.
My daughter still struggles to fully comprehend everything. When people come up to us in the street, she gets quite stressed out and I take her out of that situation as quickly as I can. I love my children and I'd do anything to protect them. Whenever I am out with my children, I try and avoid anywhere where there are paparazzi as I don't want my children plastered over every magazine in LA. It's my kids choice in the future if they want that kind of lifestyle. And they're kids, they shouldn't get pushed around and scared by paparazzi every time they act like kids.

You've had four solo studio albums released so far, is there plans for any more?

I have things written but I don't have anything planned for the next couple of years, I'm taking time to spend with my kids and husband and working on some other projects. When my daughter was born, my tour was starting six months after and I didn't spend as much time with her as I wanted when she was a child. I went on tour when she was six and my son was eight, even that was hard. I think what people don't realise is that when I tour, I am leaving my family and that in itself is a difficult thing. Of course I enjoy performing for people, it will never be anything I'll get fed up of, but being with my family is such a rewarding experience, it's something I never realised I needed.
In the next few years I will release another album but in the near future, I'm only focusing on some singles being released.

Now I've avoided talking about this subject but it needs to be spoken about. Your involvement with the band Daisy Jones and The Six. Many people have been theorising for years how the band split up and we're wondering how much involvement you had in it.

Typically when I get asked this question, I don't answer, it isn't my place to say exactly what happened that caused the band to split, but I will add on now that everything about the split, the night in Chicago, everything will be public knowledge soon. I'm not commenting further on this subject.

*:・゚✧*:・゚