Chapter 12

Warning!!

**This chapter may be upsetting to those who have lost a family member to sickness**

4 years ago....

Moselle made her way to her moms room carrying her favorite soup that Andres makes. He always thought hospital food had no soul and would be damned if Mia had to have another bowl of their excuse of chicken noodle soup. As she walked, she passed by some nurses who were in their own conversation and didn't even glance up as Moselle walked by them. She continued down the long hallway when she saw a young male nurse wheeling around a food cart going into rooms to drop off patients lunches. As she closed in on him, he looked up at her and gave her a small smile before walking into a room leaving the cart unattended. She took a quick glance at the cart and saw some pudding cups that she snatched quickly as she passed by. Probably the only good thing in this place.

She finally made it to the end of the hall where her mom's room was and went inside. Mia's pale face brightened when she saw her daughter finally arrive. Mia held her arms out waiting for Moselle to hug her. Moselle quickly dropped Andres soup on the nearest table and was at her mom's side wrapping her frail body in her arms. "Oh my girl!" Mia said as she hugged her daughter. Moselle pulled back and looked at her. "You seem to be in a good mood today. Did the hot nurse come by while I wasn't here?" She asked her mom in a teasing tone. Mia held her head back and laughed out loud giving Moselle a small squeeze on her arm. "Stop that! You will make your father beat every man in here." They both laughed at the thought of her father coming in here and putting the fear of God in the male nurses who come in and check on Mia. He would never lay a hand on them but he will give them that death stare he was so good at.

Mia pulled Moselle back into another long hug before she finally let her go and asked her how everything back home was. The hospital she was at was in the heart of Puerto Rico being that Mona Island wasn't equipped to give her the care she needed with just the small doctors building they had. It was hard on Moselle and Louis with her being so far away, but it didn't matter; they would go all the way to Haiti if it meant getting to see her. Moselle told her about her studies with dad and their dives. She went into how she found parts of a Spaniard ship not far off Mono Island and how excited dad got. How she's learned to fix the profiling floats and how Andres and dad always bickered in the kitchen when they cooked together. Mia chuckled and wished she could see those two argue and see who wins.

They spoke for a while catching up when Moselle went to retrieve Andres soup that she completely forgot about, luckily it was still warm. Andres practically poured it right from the pot and handed it to Moselle before she left. Handing it to her mom along with a spoon, Mia's eyes closed in satisfaction of smelling the familiar broth that filled the air. When she opened them Moselle noticed her eyes were glossy, this couldn't be easy for her either; being away for as long as she had been.

Mia had been in the hospital for 2 months after she collapsed. Moselle will never forget that day. Her and her father had just come back from the docks after fixing the boat when they walked in on her mother lying on the floor convulsing. Louis dropped his gear and ran to her side practically falling to the floor, when he flipped her over her eyes were rolled in the back of her head and she was foaming at the mouth. "Get the doctor! Now!" Louis shouted out to Moselle who just stared at her mom in shock. It wasn't until Louis shouted her name that she snapped out of it and rushed for the doctor. The doctor was located on the other side of the island and Moselle knew she had to be quick, picking up her speed she jumped and began to hop in the air, making it to the doctors building in seconds for what would of taken her at least thirty minutes.