39. Good girl

Four years later...

On a holiday evening in London, Bryn, Veni's friend from school, knocked on the door of a humble yet beautiful home

On a holiday evening in London, Bryn, Veni's friend from school, knocked on the door of a humble yet beautiful home. Tae opened the door, recognizing Bryn from the description Veni had given him earlier.

"Are you Bryn?" Tae inquired.

"Yes, Mr. Kim. Nice to meet you," Bryn replied with a British accent, extending his hand to Tae. Tae's serene demeanor left Bryn stunned momentarily.

"Pleasure to meet you, young man. Come inside," Tae invited him in.

"Veni was waiting for you since afternoon, but she fell asleep

"Veni was waiting for you since afternoon, but she fell asleep. Should I wake her up?" Tae asked.

"No, no. Let her wake up on her own. I'd like to talk to you until then," Bryn said.

"Me? Sure, have a seat. Would you like some hot chocolate?"

"I would love to..."

Tae made Bryn comfortable on the couch and went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate. Bryn followed him.

"Mr. Kim, you look so handsome and pretty as well. Are you really Veni's father?" Bryn inquired intrigued

"Yes, I'm her biological father. Why do you ask that?.... isn't Veni prettier than me....??? then why do you have this doubt dear?? " Tae asked

"Veni is the prettiest girl in our school without any doubt, but you don't look like a father of a nine-year-old. You look so young, like an elder brother of Veni." Bryn said, Tae gave him a doubtful side eyes...

"I'm her father dear....."

"Are you a single parent? Veni didn't mention her mother?" Bryn asked, prompting Tae's mind to wander momentarily to Jungkook rather than Elle. He quickly realized that Bryn was asking about Elle and not Jungkook. Tae's expression turned somber, and he managed a sad smile.

"Venitia's mother is no longer with us."

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Kim."

"Alright, dear... it's been years," Tae playfully gave the lad's cheek a gentle tap, a smile playing at his lips as he listened to Bryn's surprisingly mature words.