2

"How is she? Is she up?" Faruk tries to enter the room despite Amira's refusal.

"Faruk, please go, It's early, you shouldn't be seen in our dorm by this time." She stood by the door persuading him to leave.

"Okay, but I'm worried."

"She's fine, she is still asleep but when she wakes up I will inform her you came, so just go back to wherever you're coming from."

"Fine, I will leave."

"Bye!" She slams the door turning to face her friend who is still asleep.

She was tempted to wake her up as she saw the clock strike 7, but she was scared of Hanan's reaction, especially when she woke up to find out she gulped down a bottle of whiskey.

She'll be doomed.

She knew Hanan's hate for alcohol, so what could make her get so wasted? And who is Najib? She kept muttering Najib in her sleep.

Though Amira was curious to have answers to these questions, but she needed to prepare for their big day.

Their Graduation ceremony.

The usual dorm alarm rings in the hallway causing an outroar from the other graduates who were as excited as Amira was.

Amira had gotten ready styling her permed hair into a ponytail, her dress was a lilac satin corseted pencil dress with a frontal high slit stopping by her thigh, matching her dress, she wears a pair of silver heels, and moves to Lucy's room which was next door.

"Good morning." She knocks in smiling at her Californian friend who was getting ready.

"Woah! Already dressed?" Lucy admires her from head to toe.

"Yep! I can't wait to put on my Grad gown too." Amira laughed flaunting her dress as she turned around.

"Same too, Where is Hanan?"

"Getting prepared as well." She lied.

"I can't wait to see her outfit coz damn, you both got rich eyes for fashion, look at yourself in the mirror, I love your dress, I'm so jealous." Lucy pouts.

"Praise Hanan rather, she convinced me to buy the dress."

"It's made for you baby."

"Thanks, Honey." Amira laughed feeling flattered.

"So? Any party tonight?" Lucy asks.

"Not any that I know of, and if there is, I won't make it."

"Why? You and Hanan are the life of all parties on campus." Lucy sighed.

"Not anymore, We will be leaving once Grad ends," Amira says sadly.

"Leaving? To where?" Lucy gasps while struggling to pull up her dress zipper.

"I'll help with that." Amira smiled reaching for her zipper.

"Answer me!" Lucy turns impatient.

"Nigeria, our flight leaves by 7 tonight, we're returning home."

"What!?" Lucy scowls grabbing her friend into a hug.

"Why are you just telling me?" She mutters trying to hold in her tears.

"Because I didn't want to see you sad."

"I'll miss you both a lot! Who will teach me Hausa now?" She pouts.

"We will find a way, but for now, suck in your tears, and don't ruin your makeup, I want to find you in the Convocation hall wearing your biggest smile."