26

"Kid, listen, if you want the whole treat to yourself then you need to do just as I tell you."

"Okay sir, I can do anything to have it."

"Wonderful, now have some." Najib smiled tucking a few chocolate bars into the young boy's pocket.

"Once you successfully do what I'm about to tell you to do, I will buy you the whole bag of chocolate."

"Okay, Let's do it." The boy excitedly replied.

"Good boy." Najib smiled patting his head and then he pointed ahead of them.

"You see that man seated over there close to the edge of the sea?" He asks.

"The man with the lady laughing?" The boy replies.

"Yes, I want you to distract him and keep him busy after I do this... Najib smirked, picking up a ball he aimed it at them and made sure it struck at the right place and time, and once he did that, the boy gasped.

"Wow sir, that's a great throw!"

"Thanks, kiddo, so now I want you to do your part by keeping him busy and distracted for at least an hour."

"But how do I do that?" The boy mumbled.

"You are smart, aren't you? How old are you?"

"Thirteen."

"Just 13, and you are smart enough to steal snacks?" Najib smiled pointing at the snack truck beside them.

"Shush! Don't tell anyone." The boy whispered.

"I won't." Najib smiled. "But once you promise not to do it again and help me out, I will buy you the whole chocolate bag, I have a lot of money." He says patting the boy's head.

"Okay, I promise I won't steal again, let's do this." The boy replied, convinced by Najib's words he agreed and was ready to do his part.

Now Najib silently prayed for a miracle to do the rest. "Get up...Get up!" He kept whispering hoping it would happen and it did, Faruk just left his seat.

"Sorry bro!" He chuckled watching him grumble as he walked away, it was easier than expected.

"Go now, he is heading for the restroom, you can lock him or distract him, be smart, okay?"

"Sure, bye." The boy smiled and hurried off.

"Thank you God, make everything go according to plan and I promise you, although I love braiding my hair but I promise to forever stop braiding, coz I know you are against it." He smiled gazing at the stars before he walked to her.

He pulled out his camera which he brought along to take random snapshots of her, he took a few and then stopped to gaze at her.

What he was about to do was reckless and stupid but he had to, to be sure if there was hope, her weakness and strength all lie in his palms and he was unapologetic for the consequences of his actions tonight.

He could risk it all without regret to have her by his side again, especially ever since he saw her earlier with Faruk smiling as he helped her change her shoes, at that moment, he wished he had the powers to reverse time, he wished he never took her love for granted, he wished he could right all wrongs and treat her better, but it wasn't late to do that either.

To make her his again, was all he wished for, to have his beautiful obsession.

He was a few steps away when he began to take her pictures which soon caught her attention.

"Najib?" Her eyes flared open once he came into sight, he stood towering over her with a smirk.

She wasn't expecting him here? So why the heck is he here?