3

"She is an epitome of beauty." Uma beamed hugging Hanan closely.

"Thanks, ma." Hanan smiled hugging her back, she felt grateful to be dining with Amira's family.

"I'm so impressed by your academic performance, breaking the record to be the overall best student, you made Nigeria proud." Amira's dad praised her with pride.

"I'm sure your parents are proud of you as well, Where are they?" Baba asks further.

"Baba!" Amira whispers to her Dad.
"They are dead." She explained.

"Subhanalah! May their soul rest in peace." He said softly.

"Amin, thanks sir." Hanan stifled a smile.

"What of your guardian, Anyone around?" Uma asks.

"Her brother wasn't able to attend," Amira replies.

"Oh, Don't worry, feel at home with us and eat more, I ordered only healthy food rather than the bunch of junk you kids eat." Uma laughs.

"Thanks for the food, it's delicious," Hanan replied, appreciating them with a broad smile, she continued to munch on her salad rice.

"You're welcome, and I heard you're returning home too. If that's so then I would like to invite you to my son's wedding, it's the 20th of this month." Uma announced to her.

"It's my pleasure, I will surely attend."

"Yeah, you must, or else the wedding won't be fun." Amira scoffed.

"And if you don't mind and you're comfortable with traveling with us, you can join us for shopping, We're heading to Dubai to get a few things before heading back home." Uma narrates further.

"Dubai?" Hanan mutters gazing at Amira confusingly.

"Yeah, Uma suggested we stop at Dubai to get some accessories for the wedding before flying back home, I had to cancel my flight, I'm sorry you just got to know," Amira explained.

"It's fine, thanks for inviting me but I don't think I will be able to join the trip, My brother is expecting me so I suggest I take my leave now, I got things left to pack." She replied, gulping the rest of her juice, she rose excusing herself.

"Uma, Baba, I will be back, let me escort her."

"No, don't worry." Hanan quickly declines.

"You sure?" Amira asks observing her closely.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Thanks a lot for your hospitality and generous words, I will be leaving now, I wish you a safe trip," Hanan said to Amira's parents.

"Thank you for being a good friend to our daughter, We've heard only good things about you, and be sure to grace our invite, We wish you a safe trip too."

"Thanks, bye for now." She smiled, heading back to her dorm to pack.

Once she got into her room, she hastily rushed into the bathroom taking a cold shower, she then set her alarm for an hour nap to release whatever fatigue she was feeling.

An hour soon elapsed, when her alarm began to blare. Stretching out of bed, she looked at the clock, she had at least an hour to pack and dress. Picking out a pair of blue jeans, a white hoodie, and a pair of sneakers, she dressed casually and comfy for her flight.

"Already leaving!?" Lucy and Amira barge in glaring at her packed suitcases and her empty bookshelf.

"Oh my God!" Hanan gasped. "You frightened me!" She scowls holding her chest to soothe her throbbing heartbeat.