10

"Thanks for opening up to me." He said as they strolled out of the house to the parking lot.

"I should be the one thanking you." She smiled at him, a smile extending appreciation.

"You did a lot for me, I Promise to give the company my best and pay you back."

"It's my pleasure, consider it a gift from me." He replied.

"Thanks, but I can't accept it as a gift, allow me to pay it back."

"Fine! You win as usual!" He surrendered his hands in the air while they reached his car.

"But since you insist, I don't want you to pay me back with money, I have enough of that." He said further with a lingering smile on his face.

"Oh really?" She chuckled. "So what does my boss want?"

"I want something special." He grinned leaning towards her.

"Like?" She mutters taking a step backward till she hits his car and she has no choice but to remain a statue.

"Why are you running, I don't bite, do I?" He smirked resting his hands on her shoulder, they stood an inch apart, Hanan could barely breathe properly as she found their position awkward, and with a laugh, she pulled his hands away.

"Hands off! You're now my boss, not just a friend, we can't be too casual."

"We aren't at the office and neither is this working time." He smiled as he shifted away from her face to stand beside her.

"Okay, so what is it that you want?" She asked.

"You will get to know soon not now but soon."

"Hmm! I hope it doesn't surpass my power."

"It won't, I assure you, so is there anything else you need before I leave?"

"No, You've done more than enough, you may leave."

"Good and be sure to resume early on Monday, and I have a surprise for you." He says walking into his car.

"Surprise? What surprise?" Hanan asks.

"The surprise will be here soon, goodnight." He replies while switching on his car to leave.

"Faruk, please tell me before you leave."

"It will no longer be a surprise then, bye!" He waves steering his car away.

"Have a safe drive!" She waves back while wondering what the surprise could be.

She walks back to her newly acquired studio apartment feeling happy and grateful.

Faruk didn't only secure her a job as an associate attorney in his Law firm but he also lavishly furnished her apartment with just everything a house requires.

She was shocked to meet a furnished house as she wasn't expecting it, she was rather expecting an empty apartment but here she was in her own well-furnished space thanks to him.

"He has surprised me enough so what more surprise does he have now?" She mutters as she locks her door, she walks to her suitcase picks out a nightwear, has a cold shower, says her night prayers, and heads to the grocery bag Faruk has gotten for her.

She had zero interest in switching on a lighter or cooking, so she decided to have yogurt along with her leftover toasted bread for dinner.

She placed them before her ready to dig in when her phone rang.

"Abdul? " She mutters as she picks up her phone.

"Not now Abdul, I need more time." She sighed hanging the call as she heard a loud knock on the door.