27

"Hanan? Hanan!"

"Huh?"

"Are you even listening?"

"Hmm, yes, you said?"

"You zoned out again?"

"Sorry, I just can't ignore my thoughts."

"And what thoughts are those?"

"Nothing serious, what were you saying?"

"I said, Faruk came very early to check on you today he just left a while ago, but he promised to return this evening, he was worried for you but I assure him you were fine."

"Oh, okay." Hanan stifled a smile and soon diverted back to her thoughts.

She doesn't remember anything other than her encounter with Najib and the pains she suffered after that, she can't even say how she got home, though she was sure Faruk brought her home, she was still curious.

"Nanny Ann, last night, how did I get home?"

"I thought you would never ask." Nanny Ann smiled.

"Well, Faruk brought you home, and you were asleep and soaked in his arms, I had to change your clothes and warm you up, All night, I worried thinking you would wake up with a fever but here you are watching the morning news with me, which is surprising coz you never watch Tv, but it's a relief as I thought you won't even be able to move coz you suffered a panic attack, I heard."

"Yes, a bad one that almost took my ability to breathe." She replied recalling how and why it happened, it was because of him, she hated to admit but she was worried sick and still worried for him.

The moment she opened her eyes, she didn't even care about the weakness and mild headache she woke up with, her priority was to return to the beach to search for him, but Abdul and Nanny Ann strictly refused to let her out.

"She needed to rest as it may be stress that caused her panic attack." They said, so she resulted to checking her phone for any information concerning him, but surprisingly there wasn't any breaking news about Najib which was unusual, because he was no less a celebrity the media were obsessed with, if he should have even a scratch, bloggers, newspapers, and magazines would have circulated the news but there wasn't any such news about him.

"Did he survive? But how? I saw him drown." She whispered biting her nails.

"You are lost again in your thoughts? What is it, tell me." Nanny Ann sighed.

"Nothing, I'm just wondering if my job interview went well." She laughed trying to cover up the lie the gave.

"Don't worry, it will work out and if it doesn't, there are many other jobs Abdul could get you." She smiled.

"Yes." She nods smiling in return. "Please can you increase the TV volume?" She asks.

"Yes, but why are you so interested in the news today?"

"You can say I'm just curious about Nigeria." She says.

"Hmm... Well, a lot is happening in Nigeria, inflation rate..." Nanny Ann kept speaking but again Hanan had gotten consumed in her thoughts.

"How can I tell you the real reason I am monitoring the news? That I am worried for someone I hate?" She muttered cringing at her thoughts.

"So weird, I can't believe I'm wasting my time and efforts on him, in fact, I'm done." She sighed and rose to leave the sitting room but immediately the News headlines caught her attention.

Just in, LIVE: Najib Aminu Graba, has allegedly filed a case to the Supreme Court against his stepmother Hajiya and his former secretary, Musa in the conspiracy to the death of late Miss Zaitun his ex-girlfriend, and a murder attempt on his ex-wife, Miss Habiba.